11.18.2004

Peachy

Rainy and foggy here today, getting colder by afternoon.

I've got that 'sexy' "I've got a cold" voice going for me today, and I poured myself into a pair of jeans and I'm feeling old and tired and sick and bloated.

Other than that, things are just peachy here.

Last night was fun. Mom came over, gave the kids stuff, brought McDonald's, wound 'em up and left. The perfect Grandma. Getting the kids to bed wasn't bad, but then Sweet Pea cried for a while before falling asleep. I went in her bedroom once to retrieve a toy she was crying for because she couldn't find it. It was literally inches away from her.

After that, I fed Buddy, finally got him in bed, folded laundry and went to bed at 10:30. I *meant* to get to bed early last night.

At midnight Sweet Pea woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep for over an hour. She cried and fussed and screamed and woke up the whole house. Thankfully, Buddy fell back asleep after I put him in his playpen thingy. When Hubby finally got her back in bed (for the third time), she whimpered for some time and finally capitulated to sleep. (I'm presuming she eventually fell asleep. I fell asleep before she did.) As a result of the midnight wailings though, the kids slept in a bit longer this morning.

Punkin is sick. Sweet Pea is sick. I'm sick. We have Punkin's party this weekend, and I need to get ready for it... and I have to get birthday treats for Punkin's class at school tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight and that good, unbroken sleep will make me feel better. The party stuff will wait until tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lex said...

Hi Kelli. I just found your blog. I'm glad you'll be posting more often!
Lex
http://thefirstgirl.com

Anonymous said...

My ex used to love my cigarettes and whiskey sick voice. Gee honey, Im so glad that my tuberculosis is a turn on. *snort*

Feel better Kelli :o)
~Moxie

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013