11.24.2004

Scheduling Sick Time

I've had a lovely head cold that has been skipping around our family. Punkin had it, Hubby and Sweet Pea were "just grazed" by it, then I caught it, and now Buddy seems to be getting a little bit of a rasp in his "da da da da's".

The thing is, I've been too busy to be sick. I've been taking some cold and sinus medication, I lost my voice for a couple of days, (insert snarky comment here) and whenever asked if I was sick, I would respond "Oh, it's nothing. I actually sound worse then I feel. It's just a little cold." I continued to go to work and get things done around the house, take care of the kids, do my errands, plan Punkin's parties, and take more medication.

Until Monday night, that is. Monday night marked the end of Punkin's birthday weekend. Monday night, after Saturday's party, after making Sunday special (because it was her actual birthday day), after taking off work early on Monday so she could have her party at the "kid's heaven" indoor playland place, rushing home, feeding the kids, then rushing out to Punkin's parent/teacher conference and finally getting home again... I collapsed. With a sinkful of dirty dishes in the kitchen, with Buddy snoozing in Hubby's arms. There, on the couch with a mountain of laundry that needed to be folded, I fell asleep.

I woke up fifteen minutes later and admitted to myself that I was very tired. Thankfully, I had a full night of uninterrupted sleep. When I woke up in the morning, I was still tired. That's when I finally admitted I was sick. I was sick... and tired. I said it out loud once or twice before falling back into bed -- literally. I got out of bed again to see Hubby off to work, then climbed back into bed for another half hour or so.

Today, I'm feeling marginally better, but I'm still sick... and because I am sick, I'm going to schedule a day to just hang around the house doing nothing -- of course, my version of nothing is NOT nothing -- it is something. It is ALWAYS something because when you have children, you must always be doing something because they do not let you do nothing. I can never to do nothing in peace. So, my scheduled day to do as little something as possible will be Friday.

Thursday, I'll be fine because it is Thanksgiving and we have to do the traditional visiting the families. Saturday, I'll be fine because there will be errands and housework and getting ready for the holidays.

Friday, though... Friday, I will be scheduling time to rest and R-E-L-A-X. I might not even get out of my pajamas all day. Is it Friday yet?

No comments:

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013