12.13.2004

Ode to Mandy, er, I mean MONDAY

MONDAY

Original words/music (to Mandy) by Barry Manilow

I remember all my life
Raining down as cold as ice
A shadow of a dream
A face on a pillow
Sleeping in the night
The night goes into

Morning, just another day
Crappy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
you made me so crappy, oh Monday

Well you came and you take without giving
and I sent you away, oh Monday
well you returned and stopped me from playing
I hate you today, oh Monday

I'm listening to the alarm clock ring
Dreading the work week ahead of me
Caught up in a world of run here, do this
The cobwebs are in my head
And nothing is rhyming, oh Monday

Well you came and you take without giving
and I sent you away, oh Monday
well you returned and stopped me from playing
I hate you today, oh Monday

Yesterday's a dream, I face the morning
Wanting to sleep in,
The boss is calling, oh Monday

Well you came and you take without giving
and I sent you away, oh Monday
well you returned and stopped me from playing
I hate you today, oh Monday

3 comments:

Mike said...

I think you are smashing darling! :) Keep writing. I do enjoy the extent of your literacy. :)

Anonymous said...

This song shall now become my second Monday theme song, right next to the Boomtown Rats.

~Moxie

Closet Metro said...

GoodGawd that is funny!

Go buy Tori Amos's "Strange Little Girls" cd, for her cover of "I don't like Mondays." It won't make you giggle, but you'll love it.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013