2.03.2005

Following Orders

Buddy has been sick for the past few days, and not sleeping through the night. In addition to that, he has been waking up VERY EARLY every morning. FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING EARLY.

That night, as we were putting the little clowns to bed, I looked down at our smiling Buddy and had a Mother-Son heart-to-heart with him.

"Listen, Bud" (I call him Bud when I mean business) "we all need some decent sleep tonight, ok? No waking up every couple of hours, ok? And PLEASE, I'm begging you, do NOT wake up at FOUR O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING tomorrow. You're killin me, really. Ok? Do we have a deal?"

Buddy smiled at me. We shook on it.

"Cool. Thanks, Buddy."

Instead, Sweet Pea fussed off and on that night, interrupting the parents' sleeping. Buddy,however, *did* sleep later.

Buddy woke up the next morning at 4:07am.

I guess I'll have to be more specific from now on.

No comments:

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013