2.03.2005

Precious Moments in our home

While I was cleaning up the dinner dishes the other night, Hubby called to me from downstairs. "Kel! Come here! You have to see what Buddy did!"

That's all I needed to hear! I shut off the faucet, dried my hands and got downstairs as fast as I could. You see, Buddy has been standing all by himself for seconds at a time lately. He is quite the climber, too. A few nights ago, he crawled over to a chair, then up onto a stepstool, and onto a great big chair from there all on his own.

As I made my way downstairs, I wondered what I would see him doing. Would he be standing? Walking? Was he folding laundry? Surfing the internet? Sitting in Daddy's chair with the remote, a beer, a bag of chips, watching football and belching? What would I witness our youngest child doing? What? What? The anticipation made me smile.

Once downstairs, I crossed the room, and approached the back of the couch where Buddy was standing, leaning against a toy. There he was, our Buddy. He didn't appear to be doing anything different from what he's been doing for a while now. Hubby was standing next to Buddy and noticed the anticipation on my face turn to questioning. What? What did he do that's so special? I don't see it...

"You need to come right over by him to get the full effect" said Hubby.

I took two steps towards our smiling, wonderous littlest bundle of joy when it hit me -- the aroma.

I'd just been had.

Buddy had taken a rockin, stinkin dump in his diaper, and Hubby had tricked me into coming downstairs in the hopes that *I* would change it.

"That's what you called me down here for?! Your son's poopy diaper? That's nothing new."

Hubby laughed and laughed as Buddy continued to smile away like he had been in on the joke, the whole time.

12 comments:

jules said...

heh, evil man!

(:3

Circus Kelli said...

Yeah, and you'd think after 18 years I'd be on to his wiley ways...

Amanda B. said...

Oooh, triksy husband. You made him change the diaper, right?

Colleen said...

he was definitely in on the joke. all boys think poop for mommy is a hilarious gift. men think we should breathe in and thank them profusely for a job well done.
you did run away and not return. right?

part-timer said...

Please tell me your husband changed that diaper!! : )

Cat said...

Oh, ho ho... the shyster! A righteous opening of a can of whoop-ass ensued, right? Right?!

Mrs.Strizzay said...

That is so cute!! I hate it when they poop and then fall on their rumps 20 times. squish squish.

Random and Odd said...

OH you've got to give that man his props! he got you!

Did you end up changing the diaper?

Cat said...

Mrs. Strizzay, you have JUST reminded me why I am SO VERY very VERY glad my children area all out of diapers. Squish squish.

Circus Kelli said...

Y'all make me smile.

To be honest, yes, I changed the poopy diaper. Trust me, in the end, it was the easiest thing.

And yes, I will pay the man back for his trickery. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But *someday*...

LadyBug said...

Ooooh, Kelli. I can't believe you gave in and changed it.
Here's how you work it, girl....
Approach hubby, smiling, baby in hands...
"Would you take him for a minute? I've got to go do...[whatever]."
Hand baby to hubby.
As you walk away, say, "Oh, by the way, he needs a diaper change."

Enjoyed your post.

LadyBug

Circus Kelli said...

Ladybug,

I've done that. :)

More than once.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013