3.20.2006

Raawwwrrr Y'all

this is an audio post - click to play


Hey, guess what? It's MONDAY! Woo!

I woke up this morning thinking, "wow, you know what would be great? Another 2 or 3 hours of sleep. That's what." But I was able to get my lazy ass out of bed somehow and get all ready for work before the kids were up and about. Mondays and sometimes Tuesdays, the kids usually sleep in a bit. Thankfully, they did great getting ready this morning, too. It always helps to arrive at work feeling like you're ready to start the day, rather than feeling like you've already put in a full day and are ready for a nap.

Oh, and the kids?! They have a new CD for the commute in the Mommyvan -- Kids Dance Party. This morning I was treated to the Macarena and the Hokey Pokey. Good God, what IF the hokey pokey IS what it's all about?

Hey, you don't know anything about digital cameras, do you? We bought our Olympus something or another in 2000 and it would seem it's getting all wonky on me now. The first two or three pictures I take when I first turn it on turn out fine, but after that, I just get black. I've tried adjusting the flash settings, the zoom settings, but I still get nuthin. Any advice you might be able to give me on that might help. Thanks!

So, Happy First Day of Spring (well, I guess Spring officially starts around 12:30 this afternoon. The weather in Illinois here, it stinks. It's gray, there's hardly any hint of sunlight out there, and they're saying rain or snow or something for later, breezy and chilly this morning. Anytime summer wants to arrive is *fine* with me.

People, lemme tell you, for a Monday, I am *smokin* today! Red sweater, black knit pants, thin little decorative belt that ties around the sweater near my waist, high heels and poofy, bouncy hair today. Despite wanting more sleep, needing desperately to finish my homework before tomorrow night's class, and being on the cusp of a work week, I'm feeling pretty good. I might even be channeling a bit of Cat's smoldering self today, and walkin with a bit of strut in my stuff.

Ok, I guess it's about time I got my stuff in gear here and started my work day. I've got my rice krispies, a homemade butterscotch scone for a little something mid-morning if I need it, and peanut butter hershey's kisses to carry me through the day.

Have a good one!

3 comments:

eclectic said...

I came over to thank you for the peanutbutter kisses, but now I see you have butterscotch scones as well. Perhaps I could trade the kisses for a scone?? ;) Glad you're having a good morning -- doesn't that rock?! Keep the energy spinning, CK -- happy Monday!

Circus Kelli said...

Hey darlin!

You can most certainly have a some of both! I have a bunch of scones my coworker gave me (they were leftover from a meeting) and K, the sitter greeted me with a brand new bag of peanut butter kisses when I dropped the kids off this morning.

These kind of days totally rock! Happy Monday to you, too!

Take care,
Kelli

eclectic said...

Stopped by for another one of those yummy scones. But I brought latte's -- hope you like carmel or vanilla since that's what I got. Sun's shining here and I think I'm gonna kick some ass today, based on your excellent example yesterday.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013