5.30.2006

Using my powers for good

I joked today about using my powers for good when I crossed my fingers that a baseball game would be cancelled due to rain. Apparently, I was too good at it, and around 4:15pm at work, the skies opened up over our heads and the rain just poured down, accompanied by much rumbling thunder. Since I was nearly on my way home, I didn't bother to wish the power to go out.

On a whim today, I packed my flat shoes, but wore my heels. At the end of the day when it was raining so hard, the flat shoes made it easier for me to run in the rain.

As I was waiting to exit the intersection of the corporate center where I work, I looked at the sky. Although the rain had lessened, the rain was still coming down, and the sun was peeking through the clouds behind me. My first thought was "Wow, there should be a rainbow." Several seconds after thinking that, a double rainbow appeared in the sky before me. One rainbow up high in the sky, another, more vibrant rainbow -- the most vivid rainbow I've ever witnessed -- appeared nearly at horizon level.

Add to that a radio station playing a song I guessed before it started, and I was feeling pretty powerful on the way home this evening.

Now, if I could just get the kids to listen to me. Then, yeah, then I'd really be something.

6 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

The game didn't get rained out. But there's always tomorrow's practice.

eclectic said...

You mean your kids don't listen to the woman who makes the weather change at her whim?! Oh right, to them you're just mom, no matter how many miracles you perform. I have that here, too. *sigh*

lawbrat said...

If you figure out how to get the kids to listen, let me know. It would be a neat trick!

Hugs.

Chocolate K said...

Wow if you can do that, pleeeeeeeeeeease show me how to do that.....kids listening...hmmmmm yeah that would be the topping on the cake!!!!
have a good day sweetie!!!!

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B. -- Bummer.

Eclectic -- LOL... so THAT'S why they don't listen... I hadn't thought of that.

Lawbrat -- Don't you worry, darlin. I'll post it the minute I figure it out! :)

Chocolate K -- You'd be among the first to know. :)

Amy said...

Oh my love, you already ARE something. Something wonderful.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013