6.12.2006

It could go either way

So, Happy Monday.

The kids slept in a bit this morning. They usually do after a busy weekend. That's good because it gives me time in the morning to get myself all ready before I assist them in getting ready.

It's always a little tricky, though, when the kids don't wake up on their own in the mornings. I usually get a bit of an attitude from them when I impose my agenda/will on them. Thankfully, today started well for them, even for our Sweet Pea, who is sometimes not the Sweetest Pea in the morning. She even apologized to Punkin for being crabby at her yesterday. I thought that was very nice, and asked her if she was feeling any better (less crabby) today. "Not really." was her reply.

I put on a new outfit that I keep saying "...looked really great on the mannequin at Coldwater Creek." (There is a picture at that link, but the blouse I have on is long-sleeved and I'm wearing a belt around my waist) Which, of course means, "I'm not sure if I like this outfit on me today." My hair looks great, though. ** Update, 10:45am: I tucked the blouse in and I feel a bit better about the outfit.

Before I left the house, I could tell one of my headaches was sneaking up on me, so I took something to prevent that from happening. So far, so good.

On the way to drop the kids off, there wasn't much on the radio. On the way in to work, however, every song was a good one.

Once at work, the aches started to settle in a bit. I'd felt them off and on this morning, nothing major, just nuisance aches, really.

I keep thinking this day could either go very badly, or pretty well.

A phone call with the Hubby a few minutes ago had me laughing, and tonight, Our Erika will be dining with us. This day definitely has potential.

Let's see what this day brings.

What is your feeling on how your day will go?

If you're reading this at the end of the day, let me know how you thought the day would go, then how it really was.

12 comments:

Effie said...

Well, so far, I'm not sure--I thought it would be going well, but apparently I have to retake that exam I took--didn't do as well as I had hoped..and I'm not feelin so hot either, but other than that it could be fine...we'll just have to wait and see!

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

It's a Monday, how else can it go?

Repressed White Girl said...

Today IS going to be great. Hectic, and maybe a little crazy, but much will be accomplished and nothing feels better than laying in bed at the end of the day knowing that you did all that you set out to do.

Circus Kelli said...

Effie -- Keep me posted!

Mr. B -- time will tell

RWG -- Thanks for stopping by! Great comment! It almost sounds like a horoscope. :)

eclectic said...

It started at 4:15, taught a bike class from 5 to 6, then a client cancelled, and so I'm not sure which way it's headed yet. I'm pulling for "great" but the jury's still out.

jmeped said...

Today has started like the loud screaming fight fest it usually dose, I hate summer vacation. I don't expect it will get better unless one of them falls asleep, or I start drinking early.

Nilbo said...

My days almost always go well. i consider it my responsibility to make that happen. How would the world survive me in a bad mood?

Erika said...

I think my day will go great, becasue I am having dinner with some pretty awesome people!!!

THE CIRCUS!!!!

Can't wait to see you tonight.

Love Ya!!!!

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic -- Woman, you need some sleep. Getting up at 4:15AM to exercise?! What are you, goofy? :)

Jmeped -- I hope your day gets LOTS better. Sometimes, there are actually benefits to going to work.

Nilbo -- Let's not find out, shall we?

ERIKA!!!! MY ERIKA COMMENTED EVERYONE!! LOOOK! We love Our Erika.

Doug said...

Those start of the week blues --
MGIMA (My God it's Monday Again) seem to hang over into retirement.

But we did find a nice little park near by that fits me to a tee. About a city block in size, planted in natural grasses which are not cut until after they have seeded, rolling ground, a flat spot in lawn surrounding a picnic pavilion, curving paths throughout, some of which are cement, others dirt with bark. Nice place to use my walker. Benches along the way to sit on and rest. It is I think a xeriscape planting with many different plants and shrubs. Didn't spot any sprinkler heads. Makes me feel at home, it does.

How today goes ? So far so good, Heather off to see her sister in the nursing home accompanied by one of her cousins and me at home trying to wade through piles of papers.

hellokittn said...

I knew it was going to suck, but never figured it would suck this bad ;). After dealing with that wretched critter which produced a loud buzzing noise usually by stridulation (lmao) everyone either started calling in sick or didn't bother to show.

5 people doing tech support for this company and all it's affiliates... seriously crazy.

That outfit is adorable :-*

August95 said...

Hi Kelli, hope your day turned out great and you had a nice dinner with your company.

I thought today would be long but it flew by. Sweet, one day closer to the weekend.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013