6.30.2006

Walk the Talk

There is "stuff" going on at work.

The stuff is making everyone edgy and tense and all rush-rush-rush. It sort of sucks, to be honest.

I'm not sure what kind of changes are coming due to all of this stuff, but there is little I can do about it.

The boss fires off all sorts of "requests" (nothing unsavory or of questionable ethics or even BAD) and all I can think as he's talking is "I don't WANT to do this."

I know that part of that is fear. Fear of change. Fear of the unknown. Perhaps it's unfounded, I'm not sure.

We've had a small issue at home under the big top in which fear plays a big part for our oldest clown, Punkin. We've been telling her to "push past the fear" and doing our best to encourage her with what she is struggling with. We've also told her, ultimately, this is up to her. She may not quit. We can only take her so far, and we'll be there to support her, but SHE has to MOVE FORWARD.

It's time for me to walk the talk we've been giving her.

Someone get me some goggles and a nose plug -- I'm jumping in the deep end.

9 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I have such a good song for this occaion.

The J.B.'s "Do the Doo"

Effie said...

here's a clown-striped swimming cap and matching goggles for you--the nose plug is actually a big red rubber nose...you can do it!

And when you're through, you and I can go out for some pie--french silk or something similar!

Doug said...

Hmm . . . . can I get in on some of that French Silk Pie ? ? ?

Coping with fear ? Right, been there done that. My best effort in that aspect is to let come what will come and then calmly cope with the circumstances rather than be debilitated by fear.

Remember, if you go off the deep end, you won't hit your nose on the bottom.

eclectic said...

Steven Curtis Chapman's song, "Deep" is what leaped to mind when I read this. Good for you, CK -- swim strong!

eclectic said...

Sorry, the song title is actually "Dive." *blush*

hellokittn said...

Before you dive in, may I suggest ear plugs?

Some of the best conflicts I've engaged in were best handled with the muffling effects of foam in my wax-makers ;).

Hope hte weekend is giving you some rest for the weary :-*

LadyBug said...

Sorry I missed this one last week, hon. I was gone Friday. Hope your weekend was fantastic.

Love and hugs to you, dear.

Effie said...

Hey whirly girl--HAPPY 4TH OF JULY to you and the whole 3-Ring Circus!!

Hugs!

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Hee

Effie - Thanks for the swimming cap and goggles!

Doug - I would gladly share with you, as long as you don't eat too much of it.. ;)

Eclectic - Thank you for the encouragement!

Kittn - Oh yes, those ear plugs will come in VERY handy -- thank you!

LadyBug - I hope you had a great weekend, too!

Effie - Thank you, darlin!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013