7.31.2006

I'm HOT

...and sweaty.

This morning, when I saw that it was going to be around 100 degrees (about 38 degrees Celsius) today, with a heat index of around 112 degrees (44 C), I dressed more for comfort, and less for style.

On the way to drop the kids off at K's, it was already 85 degrees (29 C) and it wasn't even 7:00am!

THE VERY HOT AND HUMID AIR WILL PRODUCE HEAT INDICES AS HIGH AS 114 (46 C). THIS IS A DANGEROUS SITUATION WITH NEAR RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURES AROUND 99 (37 C) DEGREES. YOU COULD BE AT RISK FOR SUN STROKE ...MUSCLE CRAMPS AND HEAT EXHAUSTION. IF YOU ARE EXPOSED TO THESE CONDITIONS FOR A LONG TIME OR ARE PHYSICALLY ACTIVE YOU COULD SUFFER HEAT STROKE.

THE DURATION OF THIS HEAT EVENT IS PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS TO PEOPLE WHO ARE HEAT SENSITIVE...THE ELDERLY...THE VERY YOUNG AND THOSE WHO ARE CHRONICALLY ILL. THESE PEOPLE SHOULD STAY IN AIR CONDITIONING IF POSSIBLE OR SEEK AIR CONDITIONED PLACES.

TAKE EXTRA PRECAUTION IF YOU ARE GOING TO BE OUTDOORS. DRINK PLENTY OF NON- ALCOHOLIC LIQUIDS AND WEAR LOOSE FITTING...LIGHT COLORED CLOTHING. WEAR A HAT AND SUNBLOCK TO PREVENT SUNBURN. IF POSSIBLE SPEND TIME MORE TIME IN AIR CONDITIONED OR WELL VENTILATED BUILDINGS. PROVIDE WATER AND SHELTER FROM THE SUN FOR YOUR PET.


I know that other parts of the country laugh at these temperatures, and probably refer to them as "cooler". We're just not used to it, though in Illinois.

Keep cool everyone.


- - - - - - -

To those interested, info on giving a rat's ass for Susie!

Either copy and paste the sticker into your own blog, or just add this code into your blog somewhere, replacing the parens with < >

(img src="http://mycircuslife.com/v-web/b2/images/ratsb.jpg" border="0" alt="" /)

16 comments:

LadyBug said...

I've always thought you're HOT, CK. ;)

The heat's killing us here, too.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

My, my. So generous are we, on this hot day, handing out rat's asses like they grow on trees.

Effie said...

Thanks for the badge CK--I posted it already!

It's about the same temp here--NASTY weather! That's just wrong!

Stay cool, girl!

eclectic said...

Oh dear, I s'pose those instructions are supposed to make sense, huh?

/cursing technology

Doug said...

99 degrees Fair 'n' height here yesterday.

Oh, do I ever remember Illinois summers. Moline - Rock Island area. If it hit 100 in the "heat" of the day, it might drop to 98 at night. I bought a fan and all it did was blow hot damp air around my body.

Eventually I got used to it, but it took a while.

Circus Kelli said...

LadyBug - Gah, keep cool darlin!

Mr. B - That's me! Generous with stuff that grows on trees!

Effie - You're welcome! :) You stay cool, too, hon!

Eclectic - We'll get it, don't you worry!

Doug - You'd best be staying where it's cool, Brudder. Don't make me come over there!

Doug said...

Sis, it is dry enough here that swamp cooler works just fine.

'N' if it gets too hot, I just turn it on high.

If it gets boring here or if doing errands, there are always the malls to cool off in. What of them are left.

Lynn said...

Hi CK! I feel for you with the heat. I live in Florida and sometimes I get really irritated with the heat and humidity. Take care of you and yours in that freakin' inferno. Here's hoping for a cool front to move down. If it does I'll be envious.

Susie said...

It's that hot, here, too. And I chuckle or more every time I see the rat's ass. You are SO dear. I need to get that on a T-shirt, and make Jif wear it with me to doc's appointments :)

Susie said...

AND yes, you are totally HOT. Always.

Momentarily_Distracted said...

I've got a rat's ass on my blogsite, thanks to you! :oD

Go, Suzie!!!

*sending Dr. House over to get her well*

Bone Machine said...

You know when your meteorologist sprouts horns and a tail that it's going to be hellishly hot. I'm still surprised that I haven't burst into flames yet.

WILLIAM said...

Ck, You rock.

Circus Kelli said...

William - Back at ya.

Bone - No kidding! You won't burst into flames... sugar melts with heat, doesn't it? :)

Mo_Dis - Glad I had a rat's ass to give!

Susie - That would be great! You should make a t-shirt for your DOCTOR, too. :)

Lynn - Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

Doug - You just take care of you, ok?

Sharkey said...

I'm with William, CK--you rock. I've been lurking here since he posted your (Susie's?) rat's ass on his site. Love your new template!

Circus Kelli said...

Sharkey! Hi! Thank you so much for unlurking! :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013