8.22.2006

Around the Big Top

Over the weekend, we found out quite unexpectedly that our digital camera was working again after replacing the batteries -- and yes, we've tried that before, but it didn't work then, but it suddenly worked, but I think it's still a little glitchy because it's starting not to work again.

Anyway, in the "quick take a bunch of pictures in a row and see how they turn out" phase of our testing, I snapped about 40 photos. I won't bore you to death with all of them, I promise. I'll only share enough to make you see that life around our house really is a circus.

One of the many many projects Hubby is working on is the playroom for the kids. When we bought the house, the basement was unfinished. Last year, he added an office for himself. After he finishes the kids' playroom, he'll work on the rest of the basement.

Here is a picture of the kids' current playroom in the basement. What kid wouldn't want to play here, eh?


This is a picture of the kids' future playroom. My favorite part of this playroom? The DOOR that we'll be able to SHUT and not look at the mess (see above picture).


This is one of the other current projects Hubby is working on, our cedar deck. The deck we used to have was made of a vinyl or plastic and it was so light gray it was white. This deck isn't done yet, but it will be completed with benches and stairs very soon.


One of the future (far in the future) projects we're working on is painting. Here is a picture of a collection of paint colors we have taped to the wall in the kitchen. So far, the color that wins with me is the middle "beige-ish" one. Hubby isn't really sold on any of the colors, though. I plan to go back to Home Depot for more colors soon. I like watching him get all worked up when I tell him I want to paint the kitchen red.


Do you ever wonder where I post all these thrilling blog entries from? Huh? Do ya? (No... not from work!) Well, I'm gonna tell ya. From right here. (Look at the picture) See? My desk away from work. Ta-da!


As I sorted through all the pictures I had taken with the "maybe it's broken, maybe it's not" digital camera, I think I found the picture that may have broken it again. Look if you must, but not for very long. Mothers, shield your child's eyes. It's me flashing you.


Hee!

18 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I'm thinking leaking batteries is slowly killing your camera. That and just maybe you had them in upside down last time you tried 'em.

Also I feel the need to put in a request: Please. PLEASE! Get a REAL chair in which to compute. My back is killing me looking at that one. It's nice and all, but how can it withstand the demands of blogging?

Nilbo said...

Hee! I love the extra pillow on your blogging chair. Either you sit there so long you need butt cushioning, or you couldn't find a booster chair so you could reach the keyboard. Fess up - which is it??

Bone Machine said...

I think you just lost your PG rating.

stay-at-home mommy said...

Hahahaha. I love doing things like threatening to paint the kitchen red just to see how my hubby will react too! I told him I wanted the whole family to go to Orlando for a friend's wedding next year and he threatened to jump out the upstairs window. (too bad I was serious on that one...)

Therapy Doc said...

I'm a new reader. Lovely blog. Listen. NO BEIGE. Best, T.D.

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Leaking batteries? Never thought of that. No, they weren't upside down last time. You don't like my chair? It's an antique!

Nilbo - Hee. I can reach the keyboard fine, but the extra pillow does act as a booster chair, yes. I don't really sit in the chair a lot when the littles are up and around, though. Mostly, I stand and blog/type.

Bone - Yeah? Bummer that.

SAHMom - "Honey, I'm pregnant again." "WHAT?!" "Just kidding, hey, can I paint the kitchen red?"

Therapy DOc - WELCOME! I knew it was only a matter of time before they found me. You'll find LOTS of "case study" here.

hellokittn said...

I love red kitchens :-[. I might love burnt amber kitchens better - my friend just did hers in a bright brownish orangy color and it looks fabulous. She just picked the color of the flecks in her counters and went with it.

Good luck with all the home projects going on!!! The deck looks awesome!!!

Circus Kelli said...

Kittn - Oooo, burnt umber... I'll have to try that one...

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

You're back and neck are going to FEEL antique.

LadyBug said...

I see little clown handprints on the mirror! Hee. And you, dear, are so lovely.

I LOVE the built-in desk in the kitchen. SO cool.

Circus Kelli said...

LadyBug - Me too! (They're still there) :) Yeah, that little built in desk is kinda nifty. I can have my 'puter where I have easy access to it, and where I can see if I get an email and answer it *right away* because I'm like that. :)

Effie said...

so, you said a while back that you coloured your hair--brownish? What colour is it? Love the deck, by the way! Your hubby sure has himself some work to do!

Hugs to you!

Circus Kelli said...

Effie - It's still brownish. :) I picked a color that would wash out gradually, not show roots as it grew out and that would cover up most of the grays. I'm a (lazy) chicken when it comes to hair color.

Yeah, Hubby is a busy boy these days.

eclectic said...

You flashed us?! Why, Kelli, I never knew you cared! ;) I wanna hangout on that deck. I love me some lazy days on the deck, especially when it looks as nice as that!

Lynn said...

Hi CK! I have two comments:

Love the kitchen color choice.

My God, you have a clean desk!

MrPhred said...

Awright! I love little glimpses into your home. Your hubby's a handy fella.

Of course, I like being flashed most of all ;)

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - I care! I care a lot!

Lynn - My desk has to be clean, the littles can reach everything I leave out on it. (Don't look in the cabinets above!)

MrPhred - Hee! I knew you would!

Bone Machine said...

PG ratings are so over-rated these days. Just let it rip.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013