8.04.2006

Back To School

Right now, our girls are in the backyard with a bunch of neighbor kids. They're playing tag and running and laughing over every inch of the land inside our fence line.

Buddy and Hubby just went out to run an errand -- Buddy somehow toddling off with a backpack full of diapers and a change of clothes strapped to his tiny shoulders. He had to hold his hands up in the air so the backpack wouldn't fall to the ground while he was walking.

Ah, summer. I just really enjoy it -- when it's not 900 degrees outside.

In a few short weeks, the summer will be over for kids all over the country. Punkin will be going into third grade, and our two littles will be attending a "daycare school" for the first time in their memory.

Between now and then
  • - I have to sort through all their clothes to determine what they have and what still fits
  • - Make lists
  • - Fill out the 9,000 forms that are needed to get the two littles enrolled in their school
  • - Do the back-to-school clothes shopping
  • - Pick up the pre-packaged school supplies, and fill in what else is needed, but not in the pre-packaged, uh, packs.
  • - Find and post the school calendar and the hot lunch menu on our fridge
  • - and a bunch of stuff I can't remember right now.


  • All too soon, we'll be back into the routine of school. The days will cool off, and the summer (with the oppressively hot days) will be a memory.

    I used to love to have the summers off, but I remember I used to enjoy going back to school. Back to school meant back to a routine, and there was comfort in that. New clothes, new notebooks (Trapper Keepers!), and, if you were lucky, your same friends from last year.

    Back to school time still feels like a time of renewal to me -- a chance to start over again. When the unstructured, sometimes chaotic, slapdash days of summer are moving behind us, we can get down to the business of... whatever it is we weren't doing over the summer.

    Until then, though, I'll enjoy the last few days of summer, while keeping an eye out for the changing colors of the leaves and the crisp feeling in the air. Those first few days of Autumn have always been my favorite. I look forward to seeing them again.

    9 comments:

    Effie said...

    Wowee--look at the fancy schmancy new school format! NIce!

    Going back to school always came with mixed emotions for me, that's for sure! Don't get too bogged down with the details Darlin!

    I remember Trapper Keepers/Data Keepers!

    Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

    Yeah, that's a real nice template you've got there Kitty Killer Chia Kitten.

    Circus Kelli said...

    Effie - Thank you!

    Mr. B - WOW! Thank you! It's not often I get mistaken for a young, hot, sassy blogger!

    Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

    Is that because it's not usually a mistake?

    Annejelynn said...

    your lil' dewd on your new masthead reminds me of a McDonald's french fry guy - 'member them?

    Chocolate K said...

    while the two littles should have a GREAT time...im SOOOOOOOOOOO not looking forward when they leave here.....i will miss them all too much....the last day here will be a VERY sad day!!! =-(

    Doug said...

    And also the lined notebook paper as well.

    I remember that going back to school in the fall got me a new pencil box, a bigger one each year, until I was too big a man when I entered seventh grade.

    The littles are in for a new adventure, one that will have them entranced I think.

    Condolences Chocolate K

    LadyBug said...

    I was out on Friday, so I'm catching up this morning.

    This post made me misty-eyed. You wrote it beautifully, hon.

    Love and hugs to you.

    LadyBug said...

    P.S. Love the new look!

    All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
    copyrighted by me, 2000-2013