8.07.2006

Crazy busy good day

This working thing is for the birds!!

Things have been picking up a bit at work -- I've been saying that for some time now, and last Friday afternoon, all "shtuff" that rolls downhill finally made it to me.

There was a very important meeting (VIM) Friday afternoon talking about stuff that is going on this week. They ran out of time to discuss everything they wanted to discuss last Friday, so Monday afternoon, they continued the meeting -- from 3:30 until 5:30pm. The powers that be finally came to a decision on a meeting that will be happening beginning Wednesday of this week, which meant that I had to call a half dozen people who had already made flight, ground transportation and hotel arrangements, and have them all change them. When they change their flights, I can change their ground transportation and their hotel arrangements. I was at work until 6:00pm tonight. I can not even tell you the last time I was at work until 6:00pm. (my usual work day is 7:30am to 4:30pm)* (yes, I am spoiled, why?)

On Tuesday, we have another VIM to discuss the items we did not get to finish discussing in Monday's meeting, and then we can continue discussing items that will be happening Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week. On Friday, I believe there is yet another VIM that is scheduled.

I have been/will be included in a lot of these VIMs to take notes, and presumably, transcribe these notes, if I ever have a moment to do so.

What I'm saying is "Wow! I finally feel like I'm part of something at work again!" Which is also to say "Total bummer man. Less blog-reading/blogging time." (don't worry, though! I shall steal bits of time where I can to come and visit your blogs!)

I got home, cleaned dinner dishes off the table, made a tuna sandwich and sat on my behind for a bit while the kids are outside playing. I think I'll put the radio on while it's nice and quiet here, take care of the dinner dishes, then commence to getting the kids all bathed and in bed. (Listen to me! I sound content!)

Oddly enough, even though it was a Monday, and even though it was a crazy busy day, it was a good day.

* Hubby, being the kind and wonderful soul that he is picked up the kids and fed them a spaghetti dinner while I was in the VIM and calling the VIPs, etc. Thank you, HUBBY! I love yoU!

8 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Ha! I have you beat, woman! I am 8a to 4:25pm! So take that! And...that!

Nilbo said...

My hours are about 7:30 AM until 1 or 2 AM ... with plenty of breaks for meals, golf, reading, whatever.

And it's nice that while you were in the VIM with the VIPs, your hub was able to treat YOU like the VIM (Very Important Mommy) you are.

LadyBug said...

I love those good-crazy-busy days, the ones where you feel like you've runrunrun all day long, but instead of feeling flustered and exhausted, you feel accomplished and fulfilled.

Good for you, CK.

Chocolate K said...

makes the time go by faster aye.....=-)
I work from 630am - 530pm then 6pm-11pm...then the same thing the next day =-) but I LOVE IT!!~!!! NEVER in a million years would I have thought I can get up that early =-) (well sometimes I dont thent he doorbell wakes me up tehehehe)

Kat said...

That sounds like a great way to start the week, content and included.

Doug said...

A week like that and the weekend becomes paradise !

Go Sis !

Laura said...

I'd agree with ladybug. It's the long days when you feel productive that make it all worthwhile. Having a hub that helps out makes a big difference too.
Hope you have another day like that today!!!

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Good for you!

Nilbo - That's a long day...

LadyBug - Me too.

ChocoK - Sorry! Shall I call you from the driveway instead? :)

Kat - It is!

Doug - Here's hoping!

Laura - WELCOME! And yeah, having a helpful Hubby makes a HUGE difference!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013