8.05.2006

Forgotten

Today was a good day.

The kids were at each other a good portion of the morning. Lil Miss Sweet Pea seemed to be the big instigator, and only stopped pushing people's buttons when they were all sent out into the backyard with an inflatable pool and a hose.

In between checking on the kids in the backyard, I took care of some dishes, some ironing, some sewing and straightening up a bit.

Today, I also did something I haven't done in quite a while. No, not clean out the linen closet, even though it desperately needs it. No, today, I paid attention to ME for a change. In between requests from the kids and some really light housework, I gave myself the royal treatment: Washed my face (with the 'three step program' rather than just soap), dyed my hair (I haven't done that since Sweet Pea was about 8 months old), shaved my legs (FYI-I do that every week), painted my toe nails, moisturized, put on a new shirt that I may be too old to wear (a thin cotton t-shirt with the Superman logo on it), and painted my fingernails (which I haven't done in years and years and years).I even found my long abandoned toe ring! Egods, people! I'm a GIRL! I'd nearly forgotten that.

I feel all pretty-fied, and when I looked in the mirror after sweeping all my hair up into a clip, I could almost see the girl I used to be. The girl that met, stalked and married Hubby. And that mirrored image brought a smile to my face and a glimmer to my eye. Where the hell has that girl been? I've missed her.

Now that she's here, though, I'm going to do what I can to get her to stick around.

9 comments:

Closet Metro said...

I have a feeling that hubby was happy to see "you" too.

Lynn said...

It's inspiring to me that you took special care of yourself today. It made me feel good when I read that.

Nilbo said...

Nobody is more deserving of a day of being spoiled. And now that yer all girlie-girlie and feel pretty (do you also feel witty and gay? Because I think that's what's happening to Bucky!), I'm sure you won't be the only one spoiling you. As CM says, you're not the only one who benefits ... (g)

Circus Kelli said...

CM - He seemed to be. :)

Lynn - YAY!

Nilbo - Ah, darlin... I *always* feel witty. ;)

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Oh my gosh!! I'm a girl too!!

Doug said...

Thumps his chest and proudly says, "That's my little Sis, ain't she the most ?"

Amy said...

What a great post. So glad for you, girly girl! You work those painted toes! You rock that superman T! Mmm HMMM, CK is ONE HOT MAMMA and She's BACK on TRACK!!

Circus Kelli said...

Mrs. B - Hey there, girlfriend!

Doug - No, YOU are! :)

Amy - LOL!

LadyBug said...

Okay, this one made me misty-eyed, too.

You, dear, are so lovely.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013