8.17.2006

Happy Friday Again!

This week has been a strange one, and I for one am glad it's nearly over.

Dishes are done, laundry is washing and drying, and the house is nearly orderly. It's cool outside, and we have the windows open, but it's still muggy out there. I feel all grimy and sticky from cleaning our bathroom earlier, and I'm looking forward to taking a nice hot shower, doing some reading and getting to bed.

On Friday, and I have a meeting in the morning, more meeting notes to finish up, and 9,000 little details to sort through that will make the boss happy and make me easily distracted.

Friday evening, Hubby will be out with friends, and the kids and I will be enjoying "real" pizza, delivered by my favorite Papa, Papa Saverio's. It's been a while since I've had really good pizza, and I'm looking forward to it.

The Circus is going to be busy this weekend, what with deck building and a famliy party and seeing Thomas the Tank Engine in person and all.

For those of you having a bad week, may this weekend be, if not perfect, at least not too terribly sucky.

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment when the mood strikes you.

In closing, I'll leave you with this:

Tonight, as the hamburgers were cooking on the grill, Punkin and Sweet Pea sat on the edge of the new deck with Hubby sitting between them. Punkin linked her arm through Hubby's and said "I love my Daddy" and just beamed up at him. He looked back at her, put his arm around her and said "I love my Punkin", and a sweet moment was shared. Not to be left out of the conversation, Sweet Pea put her little hand on Daddy's arm, looked up at him and chimed in, "I love cheese."

Just another evening at the Circus...

13 comments:

Nilbo said...

I'm with Sweet Pea. Daddies are nice, sure. But cheese? Yummmmm.

Have a great weekend under the big top!

sharkey said...

Heh. "I love cheese." That cracked me up. Have a great weekend, Kelli!

stay-at-home mommy said...

That's a very Wallace & Gromit moment. So cute! :)

Doug said...

Cute, that is. Wonder, did she say please ? Rhymes doesn't it ?

Looks as if you are going to have a great weekend Sis.

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo - Hee. I can honestly say I've never had any abandonment issues with cheese. Although, Sweet Pea doesn't realize how lucky she's got it -- she's got Daddy AND cheese!

Sharkey - Me, too. We'll probably say that around the circus here for a while...

SAH Mommy - Is it? Cool!

Doug - She may have. Let's hope so! Love you, Doug!

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Deck? Again? We thought you were already all-decked-out? Deck the halls while you're at it. Oh, and deck that annoying neighbor too. (Might want to swab the deck in that kitchen too. Just sayin'.)

[The King would be proud of me. I got a word verification of: TCBwszsq]

WILLIAM said...

Behold the power of Cheese.

Bone Machine said...

It breaks my heart to see a child turn to the dark side so early in life.

cheese = evil

August95 said...

ahahahah, thanks for the laugh.

Cheese does rock. Smart Child you have.

Hug Kelli, have a great weekend.

Effie said...

Ah, I love cheese too....

Your kids are so adorable!!


Enjoy your pizza tonight--good stuff!! Maybe that's what we'll have tonight, hmmmm. Last night was my 3rd attempt at the BBQ and I barbecued chicken breasts (bone-in) and it was PERFECT! Mmmm..no leftovers!

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - And while we're at it, why not a triple decker ice cream cone? Hubby (and company) will be adding benches to the most awesome deck this weekend.

William - That made me laugh out loud! Thank you!

Bone - Your comment and your new picture went together so well! That made me laugh!

August - You're most welcome. And yes, she is smart. Smarter than us, I fear...

Effie - Thanks! You're little one will be totally adorable, too. (And your BBQ sounds AWESOME!)

Effie said...

Any other Friday fun today? We're going for pita's for lunch--chicken caesar for me! Pie? Hmm? When we were in the States, I often perused the dessert menus (not ever succumbing though) and found this French Silk Pie you spoke so highly of. When we were in Illinois, I thought of you and wondered where it was exactly that you mentioned made the best pies. But alas and alack, I didn't have access to any internet connection to ask you. Still curious.....

Circus Kelli said...

Effie -- Oh, wow... So close you were to FSPie, and yet, so far!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013