8.09.2006

More from the Land of the Preschoolers

While watching TV the other night, a commercial for a new car came on.

SP: "Oooo, Daddy... what's that car?"
Hubby: "It's a new Cadillac."
Me: "Actually, honey, it's a Cadillac C T S."
SP: "OH! MOMMY! YOU SAID A BAD WORD!"

Every parent knows that spelling words out in conversation so the kids don't catch on to what you're saying only lasts so long. I think Punkin was about 4 or 5 years old when she decoded her first word "P-I-Z-Z-A". (*sniff*, That's my girl!)

There has been the rare occasion lately when we've spelled a bad word. Apparently, our youngest girl clown has picked up on this.

- - - - - - -

Sweet Pea has a stuffed floppy koala bear animal that she sometimes carries with her. It's her "Kwalla". We asked her tonight what the Kwalla's name is:

Hubby: "What is your koala's name?"
SP: "Kwalla"
Hubby: "Does Kwalla have a last name?"
SP: "Kwalla Poon-gong"
Hubby: "Is your Kwalla from Hong Kong?"
SP: "Nooo... it's from Honk Honk Toot Toot."

- - - - - - -

K took this picture of our littles recently. It's one of my new favorites. If it was bigger, I would make it into my computer desktop at work (Hint, hint)

12 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I've heard stories of this Honk Honk Toot Toot. It's a baaaad bad place. There, they don't even take the time to spell the bad words.

selina_loves_jellybeans said...

hi, i enjoyed looking thru ur blog.i'm new to this thing and would appreciate it if you came to visit my page and clicked yes to my pic. i know i may seem ego-centric, but nevertheless pretty pretty please (and with sugar on top);-)

WILLIAM said...

I may have vacationed in Honk Honk Toot toot.

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Really? Oooo. Scary.

Selina - So sweet of you to stop by! I'm pretty sure I'm not your target audience, honey...

William - Really?! Do you have pictures of the place? Is it as bad as Mr. B says?

LadyBug said...

Awwww...what a sweet, sweet photo.

Laura said...

YOu know, I think she's going to grow up to have one hilarious blog if she keeps up with the Honk Honk Toot Toot stuff! ;)

We used to spell out "walk" so the dog wouldn't know that we were talking about going for a walk without him.
But then he started getting all excited when he heard us talking about it, even when we spelled the word out. It wasn't just the spelling, he had tuned into the phrase itself! "Do you want to go.."
(PERK!)
dammm.

Love that picture, btw!

cat said...

Dude. I've always wanted to go to Honk Honk Toot Toot...

*jealous of Kwalla*

(lovely! man... kids are the S-H-I-Z-N-I-T, no?)

Doug said...

Hope they stay figuratively hand-in-hand for the rest of their lives.

If a full size pic is available I would like to store it in my favorites.

Maybe you can coax CK to visit their preschool in her spare (?) time and get pics ? ? ? ?

Circus Kelli said...

LadyBug - K done good, huh?

Laura - Oh dear God! I hope she does it anonymously! I don't want to be reading about what she thinks of her mother! :)

Cat - The total shiznit.

Doug - Now there's an idea...

Chocolate K said...

don't think i would need to be coaxed to see these littles....BUT I think the daycare would have to be coaxed to let me in to see them =-)

Susie said...

Oh, what is it about these "from behind" kid pix? They just get me right *here*. I think it's because it's foreshadowing of these little 'uns going off into the world on their own,leaving us behind. Happy, but sad. Hold me, CK?

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
Health plans employers labor 3fkeywords 3dsell timeshare servlet hosting body builder and female Percocet sperm Weight watcher software for pda

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013