8.03.2006

Rambling Thursday

It's raining here today. A light but steady rain, and I'm so very thankful for it. The temperature outside has dropped 25 degrees with the onset of this storm.

Last night, just before dinner was ready, the two girls started bickering again. I had had enough. They had both spent the night in Punkin's room (a little mini sleepover) and had been together all day long. I sent Punkin upstairs to take a shower. I insisted she go by herself in an effort to separate the girls for a bit. Little did I realize that by insisting they spend some time apart, they suddenly became best friends again.

After dinner, the girls and Hubby just sort of flopped down in front of the television for a bit. Sweet Pea sat in Hubby's chair with him, and the two of them fell asleep. I took Buddy upstairs for his bath, and when that was done, we joined the rest of the family in the family room (appropos, no?).

We just sort of hung out, and just a bit after 8:00pm, we shooed the kids up to their rooms for bed. Any fussing about going to bed was merely token in nature, and a few minutes later, everyone was in bed. I announced to Hubby that I needed a shower, then I was going to watch television upstairs for a bit and turn in for the night, myself.

The night passed quickly, and for the first time in a long time, I felt almost fully rested when I woke up this morning. The littles must have felt the same because all three clowns were awake this morning shortly after Hubby left for work. There was very little drama this morning -- that is such a good thing.

This morning, Buddy was the only one awake before Hubby left. I keep remembering their goodbye this morning. At first, Buddy was a bit tempermental, but Hubby approached him and put his arms out. Buddy grinned up at his Daddy and stood up to be picked up. The twin grins on both of their faces made me smile.

I'm at work now, and best get to it. It's still early, but I think today will be a good day.

Have a great day!

14 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I demand an update on the grilled cheese situation.

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Situation remains status quo.

eclectic said...

Just like that? You just drop us off and go to work?? Oh no you don't! We are so much more demanding than that -- get back on-line, right this minute little missy!

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - WHAT?! I am online, darlin... ALL THE TIME. ;)

LadyBug said...

I wish you'd send some of that rain my way. We sure do need it.

I'm so glad you had such a pleasant evening and morning, dearie. Love and hugs to ya.

Circus Kelli said...

LadyB - Right back at you, darlin! :)

Doug said...

Made my day, did it - - - - you having a good night's rest and peace in the valley.

Circus Kelli said...

Doug -- Good to hear from you! That made my day.

Lynn said...

Before I had kids I did not realize that I was ungratefully sleeping like a dog and taking it all for granted! Oh, the memory of sleep...

Miss Valerie Jean said...

Hi! Funny blog!!! I'll keep reading

Circus Kelli said...

Lynn - I did that, too. *sigh*

Miss Valerie Jean - That's great! Thank you! Come back soon!

honestyrain said...

i firmly rely on the healing powers of time apart. FIRMLY.

Lynn said...

Hi Kelli! I was wondering if you would come over and give your opinion about a dilemma. If you get a chance, take a look at the post titled "What Would YOU Do?". Thanks again for yesterday!

Circus Kelli said...

HonestyRain - Heh... the full time job goes a long way towards that.

Lynn - I'll check it out, and you're welcome.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013