8.10.2006

Things that amuse me, and one that doesn't

This morning, I strolled into our lunchroom at work to get some milk from the vending machine, only to be greeted with a dark machine. Not even the prices were lighted up. I stood there for a moment in disbelief. I mean, I had brought my cereal yesterday and didn't eat it, so I was all set to have my cereal this morning, but I don't bring milk with me, and now, here, the machine is not working?! Gah!

More to be theatrical than anything, I smacked the vending machine with both hands saying "NO! You have to work! I need milk for my cereal!"

And, wouldn't you know it. The lights came on, the prices were once again visible, and the machine was suddenly working! Ya gotta love that...

- - - - -

Hummers now come in Happy Meals. You gotta know there are some marketing people giggling at MickeyD's headquarters...

- - - - -

I received a little trolling piece of email spam today. Apparently, upforfungal is looking for some fun. I looked at that email address and thought "Up For Fungal? Ewwwww..."

- - - - -

This story. I love the last line of the article.

- - - - -

In regards to Honk Honk Toot Toot, and my fear of the place, Mr. Bloggerific told me further in an email:
As well you should be. As well you should, indeed. Many a mighty pirate have met their match and more in places like Honk Honk Toot Toot. It's not for the likes of you, I can tell ya that!

I asked him if he had traveled there, and I received this response.

What? Do you think I'm daft?! Even a fine and seasoned sailor such as myself don't go belly-draggin' in a Gawd-fer-sakin' scum bucket of a place like that, I tell ya. Now, pass me my concertina, it's time for a sea shanty I'm feelin' a might misty I am.

All I can say to that is: "Pass me Rum!"

- - - - - -

Wanna know what DOESN'T amuse me?

The first night the kids have all gone to bed with nary a fuss or whimper or whine and the neighbor kid is having a party with all of her *really loud, really rowdy* just graduated from high school friends in their backyard! They have a pool, and I've definitely heard some kids swimming in it, and I've heard a couple shout "BOOBIES!" -- Gah! The girls can see into the neighbor's yard from their bedrooms. God only knows what they're learning...

It's Thursday night for cripes sake! SOME of us have to WORK in the morning!

10 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I just wish my belly wasn't big enough for draggin'.

Lynn said...

Ck, so you DO see what I mean about neighbors...

Want to come see me for a pop quiz?

Nilbo said...

If I were you, I would move the kids out of their rooms for the night. I mean, disgusting they should have to see that. You know, without the use of night vision goggles and a half-decent telephoto lens.

LadyBug said...

Now, CK, how do you know the shout for "Boobies!" wasn't those teenage boys imploring you to come out of the house and show them what a real woman looks like?

(Ahem. Sorry. I have NO idea where that came from. HAPPY FRIDAY!)

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Feelin a bit misty, are ye?

Lynn - Yeah, NOW I see... I'll stop by later.

Nilbo - Hee hee... good one.

LadyBug - Oh, darlin! THAT made me laugh! Thank you!

cat said...

I'm sorry. All I heard was "Boobies!"...

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Misty and bulging. hehe

Kat said...

A little bit of boobies never hurt anyone...

Doug said...

LIfe has its ugly way,
Of having its say,
Untimely,
Often grime-ly,
Thank God, they didn't see a crime,
This time.

Circus Kelli said...

Cat with a C - Really? You heard it, too?

Mr. B - Perhaps you should get that looked then...

Kat with a K - Really, a little bit of boobies is all I have ever been able to offer.

Doug - S'ok.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013