8.16.2006

Wednesday, thank God that's over

You know, I usually try to maintain a certain level of cheer and goodwill (Shush! I do!). Some days, I get down in the dumps, but the old "fake it until you make it" adage serves me well on those days. I just go about my day pretending to be smiley and happy and suddenly, the blues have passed and I actually am feeling a lot better.

Today was NOT one of those days. Instead, I woke up sleepy and a bit cranky and the mood just progressed until at work it occurred to me that a couple of people would look pretty good without their heads, and there was (were? whatever...) far too many commercials on the radio, I wondered who I could pick a fight with, and WHY OH WHY do we allow people to wear flip-flops in the office with the incessant flipping and the flopping when they walk and that one girl who walks by 30 times a day makes me want to rip the flip flops off her feet and beat her senseless with them (which wouldn't take long) and that's when it hit me -- Man, I was bitchy.

(deep breath innnnn...)

(exhalllllleee...)

(pause)

*flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop*


Nope, that didn't work.

Around lunch time, a slight fog and fatigue had moved in. Although I was feeling less bitchy, I was certainly in need of something.

Maybe that something was a chocolate malt! What? The chocolate and the ice cream and the fresh air and sunshine couldn't hurt, and all of that might just help improve my mood.

It didn't.

The foggy fatigue settled in for the afternoon and invited another friend over, "Inexplicable Sadness." (I hate that friend!)

It was at that point that I figured nobody loves me and I was going out to eat some worms.

So, my plan now is to just be very, very quiet and keep to myself as much as possible until I can go to bed. I shall then pray that Thursday will bring a much better, much kinder, much gentler Kelli.

Maybe you should pray, too...

18 comments:

Lynn said...

CK, I hope Thursday will be better for you. If it helps, we all end up in that space from time to time. I hear you.

Laura said...

I get like that somedays. It will hit out of the blue like a tide rolling in and there's no escaping it.
It's frusturating stuff. Wish I had the answer, but just know you're not alone in this. :)

Closet Metro said...

ck, you managed to crack me up with the post pause-*flip, flop, flip, flop, flip, flop*

Hope something cracks you up soon. Wish I had something funny to write to return the favor.

Nilbo said...

I'm always cheerful. I don't know what your problem is.

What ...? Yeah, I said it. You got a problem with that? Who you lookin' at? Yeah, you. Okay then.

Doug said...

Well, you know, "That's the way the mop flops" -- better known as "That's how the cookie crumbles."

Goes to show that some days are the sheets and in the winter accompanied with cold feets.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Oh gosh. Don't use that "fake it until you make it" phrase in front of Martha Stewart!

Circus Kelli said...

Laura - Thank you.

ClosetMetro - Hee. Just knowing I made someone laugh (rather than wanting to throw me off a really tall building) helps.

Nilbo - Dude, you're SO lucky I'm over it...

Doug - How do you always know how to make me smile? :)

Mr. B - I'm not afraid of Martha Stewart! (More creeped out, really...)

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Dude, she did hard time. Don't mess with The Martha.

Vajana said...

Satellite radio, that's all I have to say. No commercials!!! and an all-80s station. What more can you ask for?

Bone Machine said...

One day, I will likely go to jail for beating the piss out of someone with their own flip-flops. If the sound annoys me, the semi-innocent bystander, then it has got to be annoying to the person wearing the poor excuse for footwear as they sashay to and fro. Those people are the ones that seem to walk the Earth more than that guy on Kung Fu.

August95 said...

Hi Kelli, Sorry to hear your day was such a crapper.

I have also been getting into to many fights at school... I mean work.

Want to share my worms with me... They are chocolate covered!

Hope you have a better Thursday and roll right into a nice weekend.

Chocolate K said...

did it work?

eclectic said...

I'm with Clo-Met -- you cracked me up! It's Thursday now... are the raging hormones gone??

/crossing fingers

Susie said...

I'm glad to see people coming out as flip=flop haters. I wear them at home. Sometimes. Sometimes at the pool. But that's it. You just can't help but look for where that annoying sound is coming from when someone wears them at work, at church, what have you.

I love you every day, CK. And if you have to eat worms, I will cook them for you, any way you like :)

hellokittn said...

I love you CK :-*. I'm glad we had that day together. One less person may have suffered our wrath due to our own girly giggling. So I hope :-).

Bone Machine said...

"I will not hesitate to beat your ass with your own shoe." --Officer Jones on Reno 911

MrPhred said...

Shuffling by very quietly in my flops until the storm has passed ;)

Woosh, woosh,...woosh, woosh...

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - So not afeared of Martha.

Jana - You have a point there, but I'm cheap, er frugal. :)

Bone - So it's not just me then?

August - Chocolate covered worms! Excellent! You can sit with me at my table.

ChocoK - Kinda.

Eclectic - Kinda.

Susie - That would be great! Can you make enough for me to share with August? Love you right back!

Kittn - One less person? Well, we can always get them next month, eh?

Bone - I LOVE that!

MrPhred! HI! *waving*

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013