9.25.2006

Do Over

Monday morning the alarm went off too early, as is usually the case with Monday mornings.

I got dressed, then got the kids dressed and we were on our way.

I took Punkin to school, and when I was nearly at the Littles' school, I got a phone call from my Mom. She was having some health problems and was going to the hospital.

Uh, ok.

I called my sister. "Mom just called, she's on the way to the hospital... what gives?"

Apparently, Mom hadn't been feeling well at all for several days. This morning, she thought she was having a heart attack.

Now, Mom (bless her heart) has a very generous and determined spirit. She works in the medical field, and, because of that, she is prone to over-thinking symptoms. Sometimes, her imagination gets the better of her with symptoms. That is why I called Dit -- to get a broader picture of Mom's health in the past few days. We both decided it was probably nothing major. Dit was going to the hospital to be with Mom and she would call me back when they knew more.

Dit called me back a bit later, filling me in on what tests were run, etc. We concluded again that it was probably nothing. Dit would again call me back when we knew more.

By now, I was at work, and busily checking off my to-do list. For some reason, I was feeling pretty motivated today, and was pleased at all I was accomplishing.

Dit called back to ask that I come to the hospital. More tests were being run and "heart attack" and some other more serious things were being considered. I left work and drove to the hospital.

I spent the afternoon with Mom and Dit talking about what the doctors and nurses were considering, and making plans to take care of things while Mom stayed in the hospital overnight. Mom went for more tests and Dit and I ran some errands, grabbed some lunch and headed back to the hospital.

In the end, Mom was diagnosed with Reflux, and (thank God) not a heart attack. She is not in any immediate danger, but did take this all as a "warning" to take better care of her health.

Mom was sent home this evening, and I was home in time to pick up the littles, make a late dinner and put the kids to bed.

I'm going to get myself to bed early, and hopefully, will be feeling motivated and productive again when I return to work on Tuesday.

It will be like a do over.

8 comments:

sharkey said...

Glad it turned out to be nothing serious.

It's too late for me to get to bed early. Could you send a little of your motivation my way? I'm gonna need it tomorrow.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Sheesh, what's what with all the Mother Blogs lately?!

LadyBug said...

I'm so glad your mom is okay, hon.

Good GRIEF, this month has sucked.

Doug said...

Reflux can be so extremely painful that it is easy for me to see why your Mom thought she might be having a heart attack.
Now she can tell the difference.

You two daughters are priceless, bravo.

Hope your Mom doesn't eat late in the evening.

Yeah, heck of a way to start the week, innit ?

Take care Sis.

Lynn said...

So, this is where Bloggy got the idea for me to have a do over!

I'm so very glad that your mom is ok!!

Circus Kelli said...

Sharkey - Us too! Um... motivation?

Mr. B - I'll bet you'd like a nice picture of cat or something...

LadyBug - She's ok. Yes, this month is a total wanker, iddin it?

Doug - This week can only get better from there.

Lynn - A "do over" is always a good idea.

thephoenixanddragon said...

Im glad everything turned out o.k. that can be a very scary experience. I also hope your week gets better. Get some rest and give your kids a squeeze.

eclectic said...

Eeep! That's a bit unnerving -- glad Mom's okay. How was Tuesday?

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013