9.16.2006

Holding Pattern

This morning, Buddy woke around 7:15am or so, and hollered out "Momma, out!" to let me know he was awake and would like to get out of his room. That's still early, but it's a full two hours later than his usual wake up time (and for that, I'm very grateful).

A short while later, we were all dressed and came down to have breakfast and watch cartoons. I folded laundry, and straightened up the house a bit before our friend "G" came to drop off his car, and borrow Hubby's truck. G needed to borrow Hubby's truck because he's moving. He was going to drop off his really hot car, but instead, he dropped off his beater truck (his words!) which wouldn't be able to go the distance he needed. So, no really hot car to egg this weekend. Bloggy, guess we'll have to reschedule our Cobra Omelet party.

In and amongst all the activity this morning, Punkin captured a mosquito in a tupperware container, and took it outside to let it go. Heh, a mosquito capture and release program. Obviously, the girl has a better heart than I. I would have just squashed the little blood sucker.

I built forts in the livingroom and dining room, and the kids played there a bit before lunch. Just now, we're all "playing quietly" and if everyone is good, we'll take a ride to a park near where I work. Maybe we'll go out for ice cream afterwards.

Hubby is motorcycling around Lake Michigan on with some of his friends this weekend. I'm completely unsupervised (but not without three little chaperones.) I always seem to go into a bit of a "holding pattern" when he's not home.

I suspect I'll stay up too late again tonight (like last night) surfing the 'net, and maybe watching reruns on television or reading one of the 30 or so books I have that I never seem to find time to read. I aways stay up too late when he's away -- like I need to make the most of the time to myself, but never really knowing what to do on my own after the kids go to bed. Seems no matter what I end up doing, I feel like it was a waste of time, and I should have done something else.

Tomorrow, I'm going to try to get some time to sit in my chair (a nice big cushy chair in our bedroom that everyone in this house knows is "mine". I never get enough time to just sit and enjoy it, though). Maybe I'll nap. Or read. Hmm. I could get the laptop and bring it up there and surf in comfort -- that's an idea. Heh, or maybe I'll do that after the kids are in bed tonight.

Hmmm... I'm hearing some raised voices upstairs. I guess that "playing quietly" thing is done for now. *sigh* Time to let 'em loose on a park.

8 comments:

Nilbo said...

Time alone reading or surfing is never wasted. At least, that's what I tell people here.

eclectic said...

I do the same thing when Mr. Eclectic leaves me alone -- sorta like I come unglued when the kids go to bed, and I just drift aimlessly through the time zone until he returns. It's actually kinda nice in a surreal sorta way, but it's nice to have him come home again, too.

Doug said...

The big dining room table was the capital fort, bridge tables auxilaries, There were always enough quilts and sheets to make all of that plus a tent or two, at auntie's house.

Blessed rest, whenever it comes is a valuable asset for a person. Get you fill of it Sis.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Cancel the Cobra.....?

*kicks dirt*

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo - What if I'm doing both at the same time?

Eclectic - I knew you would know what I meant.

Doug - Oh yes... the fort extends from the dining table to the couch and chairs in the living room.

Mr. B - Yeah... bummer, eh?

LadyBug said...

That holding pattern? Is what I find myself in 5 nights a week, while Deputy Dad's at work.

Which, I suppose, is why I'm so exhausted all the time.

Hugs to you this evening, CK.

Lynn said...

I get really lonely after everyone else falls asleep!

Nilbo said...

Both at the same time? Damn .. you can multi-task. Wish I could do that.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013