9.13.2006

I LOVE surprises...

Two days ago, My Erika called me at work to tell me she bought me this really cool gift for my birthday (don't worry, my birthday is at the end of next month, there's still plenty of time to get me a gift -- hee!), but she didn't know whether or not to tell me what it was. She was totally psyched about the gift, and she was sure I would LOVE it, but she didn't want to tell me about it. She just wanted to torture me about it.

She also told me "You're so smart, you'll probably figure it out before I tell you anyway." Well, I wasn't going to speculate (out loud), but I acted like I knew what it was -- my pathetic attempt at torturing her back.

Tonight, My Erika stopped by on her way home from work to visit for a bit. AND GUESS WHAT?! She brought me my gift! A full month and a half early! First, I opened the card (with a really lovely lovely handwritten note inside). Next, I opened the square wrapped in gold paper -- "It's a CD." I said before I opened it. She played coy, but I could tell. I tore the present open to find I was holding Trace Adkins in my hands. Woo! I was just thinking today that I needed some new music, too! YAY!

I first started listening to Trace Adkins' music when I was pregnant with Buddy. I felt I was huge and whale-like, and the song "Hot Mama" came on the radio and I laughed and sang at the top of my lungs to these lyrics:
You're doin' all you can to get in them old jeans.
You want that body back, you had at seventeen.
Baby, don't get down; don't worry 'bout a thing.
'Cause the way you fill 'em out, hey, that's all right with me.
I don't want the girl you used to be.
An' if you ain't noticed, the kids are fast asleep,

An' you're one hot mama;
You turn me on, let's turn it up,
An' turn this room into a sauna.
One hot mama,
Oh, whaddya say, baby?
You wanna?

I also feel a particular affinity for the song "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk".
Now Honey, you can't blame her
For what her mama gave her
It ain't right to hate her
For workin' that money-maker
Band shuts down at two
But we're hangin' out till three
We hate to see her go
But love to watch her leave
With that honky tonk badonkadonk
Keepin' perfect rhythm
Make ya wanna swing along
Got it goin' on
Like Donkey Kong
And ooo-wee
Shut my mouth, slap your grandma
There outta be a law
Get the Sheriff on the phone
Lord have mercy, how she even get them britches on
With that honky tonk badonkadonk
Yeah,ok, so the lyrics won't win any awards, but I'll be damned if they don't make me smile and wanna shake my "money maker". You can say what you want about Trace Adkins or country music or the lyrics... but, anything that makes me feel that good, and smile that much... well, I just ain't giving it up, so hush up, crank the volume and lemme lip sync for cripes sake! (And besides... Trace Adkins' voice... mmmm, yeah...)

After I had opened the CD and gushed about that (and unwrapped it super quick-like and popped it into the CD player before you could say "Slap your grandma") My Erika told me "I'm taking you out to dinner, too!" YAY! I love going out to dinner with My Erika! She lets me drink as much as I want and laugh as loudly as I can and we end up staying at the restaurant far longer than the waitstaff want us to.

Before, I could come down from that news, she handed me a piece of paper:
"OH by the way, I am stealing you to go to the Trace Adkins concert in October!

And yes dinner will be included!!!!

Love Ya
Erika
"Are you kidding, me?!"

"Well," she said, "It won't be the Tim and Faith experience, but it'll be fun!"

Woo! FUN! Lemme at it! Oh! And double WOO! -- I get to oogle Trace's pants from the balcony and not worry about Punkin reporting back to Hubby!

So people, I am totally on top of the world tonight. I've got new music, a kick ass birthday present to look forward to, and dinner with my best friend!

Yikes, I've also got a sink full of dishes to do before I go to bed... heh, good thing my CD player is right by the sink...

Just a second, Trace... I'll be right there, baby...

14 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Really? I can say what I want to about country (& western) music?! Woo hoo! Oh, wait. That got me into trouble the other day.

I'll just say two thumbs up for the Bruce Almighty and the John COUGAR Mellencamp in the Amazon list. And happy early bertday. It's good to do stuff early.

eclectic said...

See? I threw you off with that phony trip out here, didn't I? But, does this mean she ISN'T bringing you out here?

*lower lip trembling*

Nah, just kidding. I'm okay, and thrilled for you!! My Erika's the bomb!!

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B, No really. Say what you want. I'll just have my fingers in my ears going "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Eclectic, *sniff* I guess not... I'll have to take comfort in Trace Adkins. I hope you understand. And hey! She's MY Erika! And yeah, she's totally the bomb! ;)

LadyBug said...

You'll totally be staring at Trace's badonkadonk, won't you?

Hee!

Circus Kelli said...

LadyBug! I'm ashamed of you! I will not be staring at his badonkadonk... I'll be "woo-hooing" him instead! ;)

Doug said...

GERIATRICITY

I wonder Sis,
If you will still be swinging,
Your badonkadonk like this,
All the bells ringing,
As you creak along at eighty three ?
And the crowd singing,
I'll just wait and see.

Happy early birthday !

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

badonkadonk? You sure it's not his WOOTZER she'll be staring at?

Bone Machine said...

All I am going to say is that at least it's not Toby Keith.

Kat said...

Those lyrics are cracking me up! What an awesome gift. Hope you shook your money maker all through the dish clean up.

Nilbo said...

Without dwelling too long on the lyrics (so reminiscent of George Bernard Shaw or Shakespeare, aren't they?) let me just say that any music that has you shaking your money-maker meets with my full approval.

Circus Kelli said...

Doug, this cracked me up! Hee hee!

Mr. B, if he's got it, I'm staring at it! :)

Bone, hee! No, Trace Adkins and Toby Keith are two completely different people.

Kat, oh, I did... ;)

Nilbo - *shake shake shake*

Effie said...

OH WOW!!!!!!!!!

I love "Hot Mama" and "Honky Tonk Badonka Donk"

I didn't realize it was Trace singing them!

I am SOOOOOOO envious of you--enjoy your b-day girl (in about a month or so! ;) )

Circus Kelli said...

Effie, I WILL! :)

thephoenixanddragon said...

enjoy your b-day gift!! Im sure its going to be incredible!!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013