9.30.2006

So good, it's scary

Wow. What a really, really, really nice day.

After serving breakfast and starting some laundry this morning, I spent an inordinate amount of time on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor. I usually use the Swiffer on our kitchen floor, but I could tell that wasn't going to cut it today. It needed a good scrubbing. It was a discovery of sorts, and I found things I never even knew were there. Dried bits of spaghetti sauce, cemeted fruit bar droppings, crayon, marker, and possibly even playdoh. I'm now intimately acquainted with my linoleum. I know where all the seams and scratches and dents are... but it's REALLY clean.

I had to ban my family from the kitchen (and subsequently family room) in order to accomplish this task. I'm happy to report that the kids played together superbly -- an unheard of feat, and only a small amount of drywall dust found it's way to my newly clean floor when Hubby came upstairs for something he needed (He's working on the kid's playroom again).

By the time that was done, it was nearly 1pm, and I was still in my pajamas. The kids were playing so well, they didn't even realize they had missed lunch.

After lunch, I decided to clean myself up. There's nothing like scrubbing a kitchen floor to help you realize how you could use a good scrubbing, too. The kids continued to behave and play together nicely, giving me time to take care of me. (What a treat that was!)

I even had time to update two websites that I maintain this afternoon. I worked on my computer (uninterrupted for the most part) while the kids colored peacefully behind me.

Dinner was made and eaten, a little television was watched. While the kids took their baths, I went around and put the flannel sheets on all the beds.

Hubby spent the majority of the day working on the playroom, and just now ran out to take care of an errand. When he returns, we may watch a little television, then head on up to bed ourselves.

I am fervently hoping that Sunday turns out like today. If not, I'll be all the more thankful that all the planets aligned as they did to make this Saturday the perfect slice of all that is good in life.

- - - - - - - - -

Update for Sunday: On the to-do list for today was clothes shopping for the kids, grocery shopping for all of us, and three little mini-stops to return items. Buddy stayed home with Hubby and did "guy stuff" and the girls all went out to do "girl stuff". Sweet Pea flat out refused to listen to me, and I had to make a one return trip to Target (after we had already been there)... did I mention how much I really really really enjoyed yesterday?

Now I'm home. The groceries are put away, and I'll start getting things ready for our week in a few minutes. If there is time tonight, I'll do a bit more work on the computer that I had hoped to do this weekend.

14 comments:

Bone Machine said...

I love the new look. There's not enough black in the world.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Boo! Down with cleaning!

Lynn said...

I love your Saturday. I'm glad it was yours to enjoy. And yes, it is a little scary. When my kids are that good I worry that they might be ill.

Doug said...

Grandma's comment when I was that way, "Aren't you feeling good today ?" accompanied by a feel of my brow for temperature.

We did a lot yesterday and I am in recovery today Sis.

Circus Kelli said...

Bone - Thank you! :)

Mr. B - Excellent! That cracked me up!

Lynn - I only worry if the good mood goes on for more than a day. It never does.

Doug - I didn't want to ask that question.

eclectic said...

At first I thought I'd clicked on the wrong link because I didn't recognize the page. Looks GREAT!! How very octoberish of you! ;) I'm just jealous because you can DO that stuff. I can't imagine how! Saturday sounds so perfect -- glad you were able to enjoy it WHILE it was happening! Carry on.

WILLIAM said...

I like the new look. Creepy and cool.

Effie said...

Oooh--ghoulishly elegant new backdrop!

You got a LOT accomplished this weekend! Isn't it amazing how good you feel once you've scrubbed the kitchen floor? I NEED to, but can't motivate myself...yet...

How are you feelin today girlie? It's Thanksgiving next Monday for us!

LadyBug said...

So glad you had a good Saturday.

Your post was lovely.

Doug said...

Izz dat da new Halloweenie look ?
Scary fer sure.

Forty thousand years ? equals one work week ?

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - I had a feeling some people might do that...

William - Thank you!

Effie - You just take care, darlin. The time to scrub the kitchen floor will just hit you all of a sudden. If I were you, I'd just wait for it. :)

LadyBug - Thank you... as are you.

Doug - Yeppers. Hours/thousand years -- it's all the same. :)

Nilbo said...

I keep expecting the time to scrub the kitchen floor to hit me, but it never seems to. The time for OTHER people to scrub their floors, sure. I'm all in favour of YOU being on your hands and knees. But me ... I think I'll just sit here and relax, thanks.

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo - You do that... but don't even THINK of walking on this floor until it's dry...

Annejelynn said...

I got it! Vicent PRICE!!!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013