9.06.2006

Why I Love Him

A couple of weeks ago, I saw an orange, gelatinous, gloppy-looking thing attached to a tub toy in the kid's bathroom. I recognized the gloppy thing as a mutilated bar of soap, and immediately remembered why I prefer using "body wash" for the kids instead of bars of soap.

The tub toy the orange, gelatinous, gloppy-looking thing was attached to was a little plastic strainer the kid's previously used in the sandbox (We gave away the sandbox about a month or so ago because we're mean, evil parents) Somehow, the little strainer had made the move to the tub (sans sand) and was now holding firmly to the orange, gelatinous, gloppy-looking, mutilated bar of soap.

I took the strainer/soap in my hands, and turned it upside down over the garbage can, intending to just flip the soap off into the garbage can. I pressed into the middle of the toy with both my thumbs. I didn't press that hard, when *POP!* both my thumbs broke through the toy and got stuck fast in the remaining hard, plastic part of the strainer.

My thought process went something like this:
What the...? OW OW OW OW OW! MY FINGERS ARE STUCK OW OW OW! AND I CAN'T GET THEM OW OW OW! OUT!!

Thank goodness Hubby was home. I found him in our room, held out my hands still trapped inside the little plastic strainer from Hell and said "DON'T LAUGH! GET THIS THING OFFA ME! OW OW OW!"

Hubby took the strainer in his hands and broke it more in order to free my thumbs. What a relief THAT was! (My hero!)

My hands were shaking and my thumbs were all scraped up. As I stood there surveying the damage, Hubby hugged me, and said "Don't laugh?" What kind of a person do you take me for? Laughing at my wife when--?" I interrupted with "I know exactly who you are! It was FUNNY! It hurt like HELL, but it was FUNNY!"

And we laughed.

Fifteen years and he still rescues me, comforts me, laughs with me, and loves me.

Happy Anniversary Honey! I love you!

20 comments:

Nilbo said...

Awwww ... how sweet. Just stopping by to say "Hi!"

sharkey said...

I'm sorry, but I laughed too. Partly because that's totally something that would happen to me.

Happy anniversary!

eclectic said...

Awww, you guys are the same age we are!! Happy Anniversary you two! Well, we're actually a couple weeks older than you, so that makes us the boss of you, right? ;)

Doug said...

Belated I know,
But here's how it'll go.

Ain't no way to celebrate it,
Happy anniversary -- no --it !

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo, Awww. "Hi!" back!

Sharkey, it WAS funny. Thank you!

Eclectic, thank you! You guys are totally not the boss of us.

Doug, not belated. Right on time! :)

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Oh gross! Icky LUV stories and orange glops! This is disgusting!

LadyBug said...

Awwww...Happy Anniversary, hon!

Effie said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Hubby! May you be blessed with 50 more years together!

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B, hee hee...

LadyBug, thank you!

Effie, thank you!

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*reaches for hand sanitizing gel*

Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Happy anniversary!

And yeah - when it's funny, it's funny.

Oh, and also - you were right to ditch the sandbox. You're just asking the neighborhood cats to crap in there by having one.

eclectic said...

No? Oh. I thought that's how it worked, but what would I know? I was the youngest growing up. Certainly the older ones always TOLD me they were the boss...! ;)

eclectic said...

Aren't you done playing kissy-face with that guy yet? *sheesh*

C'mon... what about US?!

;)

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B's afraid of girl cooties, I think...

Bucky, thank you! Yeah, that sandbox was bad news... everytime they played in it, Buddy ended up with sand in his hair, and I ended up with sand in the kitchen somehow...

Eclectic, Hee hee! No, not done... *blush*... just taking a little break :)

Amy said...

Adorable. Bothaya.

Kat said...

aww...

Bone Machine said...

I love stories where people break shit.

Call me a romantic.

Circus Kelli said...

Amy, No YOU are!

Kat, Hi!

Bone, yeah... we're romantical like that.

eclectic said...

Happy Friday!

Kentucky Brat said...

sounds like a real safe place you two have. (not talking about the torture toys)

Happy Anniversary, yes I know its late.. of course I'm usually not on time with anything.

Bloggy LOVES mushy stuff!! Don't let him fool you. Love or soapy stuff (or put them together and he'll have even more fun!)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013