10.23.2006

Conference Day One

Day one of the conference went well.

It was distracting to be in such a lovely place, with such beautiful, warm sunshine while I was stuck inside all day.

The instructor seems a bit flakey, and the conference could be organized better, but I'm holding out hope that it improves tomorrow. Either way, I'm here until Friday.

The other women in the conference seem nice.

The food down here is pricey.

My coworker arrived during lunch today, and my sister will be here after midnight tonight for a day or two.

I've taken a lot of pictures of the hotel. It's an old building, but the design is beautiful.

Despite how tired I was last night, I didn't sleep well. Between 3am and 6am, I was awake off and on. At 6am, I opted to just get up and surf a bit before going down to breakfast.

When I arrived last night, and looked out the window in my room, I could see a larger hotel directly across from me. Off to the right, I could see a harbor, or stretch of water. Off to the left, it was completely dark. I could not tell what lay off to the left at all. This morning, I saw it. As the sun rose, I peeked out the curtains to see the sunrise over the beach. It was beautiful!

After the conference this evening, Mo (coworker) and I changed quickly, ordered a drink each and went for a walk along the beach. That was awesome. The weather, and the water is still warm.

Now, I'm back in my room... just chillin.

11 comments:

thephoenixanddragon said...

hey welcome to Florida. The weather has been great recently. If you have time zip down to the Keys for a treat. Have a great time and hopefully you speak spanish so you can get around :)

Doug said...

There is a certain something about Florida that is still in my bones and psyche. We left there in 1960 and I still miss it and the people we knew.

Hope you have enough spare time to get around a bit and sightsee, there is plenty to amuse a person down there.

Glad you have your laptop fired up and in business - - - ooops ---- a fired up laptop could be painful.

Lynn said...

Marvelous! You can enjoy my 'safe place' with me via blog. Great big hugs to you, Kelli!

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I can rarely get a good sleep in a hotel. Icky.

Laura said...

Miami till Friday? If you have a car, let me know and I'll give you some tips on where to go if you have time to sightsee! Be careful down there!

Nilbo said...

I think you should go to South Beach, find the clubs that Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie and the Bush sisters party down in, and spend the night dancing, drinking Cuba Libras, and getting arrested for snorting coke out of the bellybutton of some well-oiled and well-muscled cabana boy named Manuel.

Wouldn't that arrest report look much better in your hometown newspaper than "Local Woman Wins Prize for Blueberry Pie Recipe"?

LadyBug said...

Sounds lovely. Almost like a vacation...

Maybe you should ditch the conference for the rest of the week, and just hang out by the ocean? :)

Bone Machine said...

Minimal time in Miami and you've taken up surfing. Well I'll be damned.

:-)

Lushy said...

I hope you are taking pictures!

Platypus said...

I'm with Nilbo! I'm glad you're having a good time - I've always wanted to go there. :)

Amy said...

walks on the beach! pricey food! sunrises!

Glad for you!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013