10.13.2006

Domestic Diva

Before I left for work Thursday, I got myself ready, fed the littles a snack, got the kids dressed, teeth brushed, coats on, backpacks together and all of them in the van. I also started a load of laundry, straightened parts of the house, moved the laundry to the dryer, started another load of laundry, and started Beef Vegetable soup in the crock pot. We were 15 minutes later than usual leaving the house, and I made it to work with 10 minutes to spare. After I was done with my 8-9 hours at work on Thursday, on the way home and BEFORE I picked up the littles, I stopped to get some biscuits at the grocery store to have with the soup. Then, I picked up the littles and went home. When I arrived home, I started the last load of laundry (after I treated all the spots on the clothes before they went into the washer), finished dinner and served everyone while entertaining Our Erika. Then I finished washing and drying the last load of laundry so all the circus folk would have proper clothes to wear to work and school on Friday, before settling down to play with playdoh with the little clowns and Our Erika. Sometime after I picked up all the playdoh fun, put it away and swept up playdoh crumbs, I managed to get all the kids dressed in their jammies, teeth brushed, and into bed. I had to go upstairs at least twice more before Erika and I were able to sneak out of the house and go for ice cream sundaes for the big people while the little people slept. We brought the sundaes back to our house, and I was able to finally sit and visit with Erika for about 10 minutes before I started to fall asleep, and she decided to go home.

Today, Friday, Buddy was awake far too early (after a restless night), then Sweet Pea followed suit and before I new it, my day was off and running. Everyone was dressed, snacked, out the door, and at their schools. I arrived at work, gathered my thought (heh) for a four hour long meeting (and I didn't fall asleep once thankyouverymuch), then crossing some things off my to do list, meeting with the boss, adding more things to the to do list, crossing some of those things off the list and looking at the clock 4,356 times to see if it was time to go home yet. It finally was time to go home, and I picked up the littles from their respective classrooms, bundled them up, got them into the van, got them home, made dinner, cleaned up the dishes, got the littles to bed and finally had a chance to sit down here to sort through pictures we took this evening of the goings on at the circus.



It's rush hour in the hallway



While I made dinner, the girls played "Bookstore"



Punkin did a fine job with the display



This drawing of Sweet Pea's makes me smile
every time I look at it. It's a picture of Buddy.



Oh, and, with the recent change in the weather,
we're thinking of maybe turning the heat on...



And that's why I have been "less internet" -- I've been more "Domestic Diva."

16 comments:

Sharkey said...

Holy crap, woman! I'm tired just reading about everything you've been doing!

Here's hoping you get a chance to relax this weekend.

LadyBug said...

Well, of COURSE you got all that stuff done Thursday. It's easy to do when you leave the kids in the van while you work on the house. ;P

Happy Weekend, CK!

Lynn said...

Tiring at times, isn't it? Tiring, but good.

Platypus said...

Domestic Goddess indeed! I'm exhausted just reading that little lot! Your family is very lucky to have you, you sound quite the Superwoman! I, on the other hand, have gone to work and achieved nothing else all week so my place looks like somebody just emptied a skip full of stuff into it and the ran around chucking it into random corners... :(

Ortizzle said...

Holy Cow. You forgot the part where you dash out to get a manicure. Oops, I forgot, domestic divas do their own nails. My hat is off to you. And you even had time to take pics. I love the bookstore.

Doug said...

Looks as if you have one "book" person in the family Sis. Kudos to Punkin'

Seems like the busier one is, the more "little things" crop up to be done along with the mind boggling list of chores already awaiting.

May your weekend be sweet and happy.

Nilbo said...

All that AND you entertained! I'm sure Your Erika was suitably impressed - I sure am!

Platypus said...

Kelli, you inspired me! I've blogged here about it: http://tinyurl.com/y2tjnm

eclectic said...

Oh sure, set the bar a little higher, won't you?? *sheesh* ;) Now do you get to put up your feet and rest??

Lushy said...

I am in complete awe. I can barely get myself out of the house in a presentable fashion AND get my laundry done in a reasonable amount of time. If I ever have kids, I hope that your superpowers are contagious.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Donny and Marie have been here.

She's a little less internet and a little more "Domestic Diva."

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Hee, that's a good one!

Lushy - Hello! Ah, wouldn't that be something if superpowers were contagious.

Eclectic - Heh, look who's talking! I did put my feet up and rested tonight.

Platypus - Wowzer, girl. I started to read your entry, then had to stop and reread it in order to take it all in.

Nilbo - Awww... thanks. It t'weren't nuthin.

Doug - I saw you over at "The Lair". Punkin loves her books, they all do. I wish the same for you, my friend.

Ortizzle - My nails! I *knew* I'd forgotten something! ;)

Lynn - It surely is.

Ladybug - LOL - You know, that's not a bad idea... at least their rooms would stay cleaner longer...

Sharkey - Thanks, love!

Bone Machine said...

I thought Little Jimmy Osmond was the domestic goddess.

Susie said...

Emma said you were over here over-achieving. You put me to shame. I am still trying to muster the energy to get a shower PLUS blow-drying. I think I can, I think I can . . .

Love the bookstore.

Circus Kelli said...

Bone - Heh, I wouldn't know. My focus was always Donny. :)

Susie - Heh, yeah... that was a couple of days ago. Not much has been accomplished since then...

Laura said...

My youngest used to have a pink jacket almost exactly like that one when she was a toddler. We lived in North Fla at the time and she'd wear it when the temps got into the freeze zone. So that one jacket picture brought back a lot of memories for me!
I remember when they played "store" (sigh). the time went by too fast!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013