10.30.2006

Mi Miami Recap

You can read about my days at the "Corporate Administrative Management" conference here, here, here, and here if you wish.

To summarize, I rarely get out of the very Midwestern county I live in. Going to a conference in Miami Beach, Florida was quite the adventure for me.

Of course, I brought along my camera and took tons of pictures of completely inconsequential things. That's what I do. I'm known for it. Here's proof:

First off, here are a couple of pictures taken around the hotel



This is the room I stayed in. It was really quite homey. As you can see, I did a bit of redecorating in order to set up my blogging space.


Oh, and the view from my room was fabulous




Proof there was an actual conference


Food from the "networking luncheon". That dessert was very tasty, and the little butter balls made me smile every time I saw them.



Thank goodness for breaks during the conference. I call this power tanning. "Quick! We have ten minutes! Tan!"


It wasn't all work, though. Here are some pictures I took while walking along the beach.





I did travel further than the hotel grounds, too. Mo and I (and Dit, too!) went out a couple of nights. We scoped out Lincoln Mall in Miami Beach.




We laughed ourselves silly trying on "regionally appropriate clothes".
(I've never felt more "Midwestern Caucasian" in my life)


The last night we were there, Mo and I scoped out Miami Ink.


And, because I was virtually unsupervised and unknowingly headed straight for a midlife crisis, I decided to get a tattoo. Mo and I had joked about it for days before the conference, and I wanted to surprise Hubby. I went for something small and unassuming...




One of the best times I had when I was in Miami Beach, was the early morning walk along the beach. The sun was just coming up, and it was beautiful. Only the sound of the surf and the seagulls. I really hated leaving that moment behind when I returned to Illernoise.


If I have not bored you to tears already, you can see ALL of the pictures I took during my week in Miami Beach, Florida.

Enjoy!

(I'm also working on getting a post together about the Trace Adkins concert that I attended before I left for Miami Beach! That was fun, too! I know, I know... you're on the edge of your seat, I'm sure...)

22 comments:

Lynn said...

Kelli, Those pictures are awesome. I left a comment on my favorite. I wish I could blow up a copy and frame it. It's cheerful.

Nilbo said...

(sigh) I lose the bet. Here I thought you'd be getting your flameless Mommy Butt flamed ...

Still .. nice tat. Did I hurt? I've heard tattoos like that hurt a LOT ... and in such a sensitive spot ...

Nilbo said...

Did "it" hurt ... not did "I" hurt. Because that's not me there painting your butt.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

I so totally didn't think you'd get a tat!

Closet Metro said...

you are one brave woman.

Doug said...

Hey Mom - - - - Sis got a tatt, jes like I said she would.

Now back to reading the saga and looking at the pretty pics.

Lynn said...

Doug, aren't those pictures wonderful?

sharkey said...

Wow, awesome pictures! And I'm not much for tattoos (even on other people), but I really, really like yours. I hope Hubby did too. ;)

MrPhred said...

No way! You did NOT get a tatoo! Tell the truth, now - it's henna, right?

Nice photos. Looks like a great hotel - butter balls and all.

eclectic said...

You got a TATT??!!! WooooHoooo!!! You're officially my hero! I don't have the guts, or maybe I'm just committment-phobic, but I keep thinking about what I'll do if I get bored with it? *sigh* I'm SOOOOOOOO jealous!!! If you didn't really ge a tatt, I'm now going to be very disappointed.

WHAT?! There were other parts of your trip? Oh. OK -- I'll look at those too. ;)

Dori Lenine said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dori Lenine said...

Hey...glad you had a good time and nice tattoo. I have a couple of them myself.

Nice pictures also. Real soon here, I will be heading down to Alabama about 2 miles North of the ocean to work long hard hours with a friend cutting down trees, moving shrubs, real "guy" stuff. But hey...money's money...

;)

Circus Kelli said...

Lynn - I'll get you a bigger copy of that one.

Nilbo - Not flames. Not my butt. Not even a permanent tattoo. ;)

Mr. B - I know. :)

CM - HI! Not really.

Brudder Doug - Make sure to tell Mom to come see it before it fades away.

Lynn - Thank you.

Sharkey - Thank you. Hubby was amused by it.

MrPhred - Dude, you got me. It's temporary. ;)

Eclectic - *whispers* It's a temporary one, and it'll be gone in a week or two, but don't tell Bloggy, ok?

Dori - I'm a wuss, darlin. My sisters have some tatts, but I can't bring myself to get a real one. I do like this temporary one, though. It makes me giggle.

Miss Valerie Jean said...

Hi Kelli, Looks like you had a great time in Miami! Great pics, too! Hey, over in your "virtual tshirt gallery" there is a tee (or a couple) that I would lurve to have made...did you make them up? Or where can I find them? Have a fantastic, crisp and sunny day here in IL.!!!

WILLIAM said...

Holy crap. You got a Tattoo?

LadyBug said...

Oh. WHEW. I was SO hoping that wasn't a real tattoo. Did Mr. Circus Kelli crap his pants when he saw it?

Oh, and the photos are just lovely, hon. Thanks for sharing them.

Effie said...

THAT probably freaked your Hubby out --when you came back a Painted Lady! Looks like you had a lovely time--being served desserts like that at a conference! Spoiled rotten!

YAY CK's back! And CK's got back! and a tattoo right about there too....;)

Bone Machine said...

Great photos and I'm so happy that Miami was kind to you. Next time, go for a gnome tattoo.

Amy said...

Woo hoo!
Miami looks AWESOME! How gorgeous was your view! And the hotel lobby! I would have set up camp there and poured myself a drink.

Wowza on the tattoo too! Damn girl! When you do a 'too you do it up RIGHT.

Thanks for posting those. You are just a good looking lady and that's a fact.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*thinks there are TWO wusses in the house*

Laura said...

LOVE the tattoo, Kelli! It's a good thing you only saw this part of Miami. OThewise,it would be a whole other post. LOL.
Glad you had fun!!

Circus Kelli said...

Laura - I wasn't allowed to travel unsupervised. :)

Mr. B - Heh, you're pretty brave sayin that when you're all the way over there in Kentucky.

Amy - It was a lovely hotel, but I think my favorite place was the beach at sunrise. Thank you muchly.

Bone - I wouldn't want to get sued for misuse of the YPS!! gnome. 'Sides, if'n I'm gonna get a gnome and advertise YPS!!, I would expect to be compensated for the P/R.

Effie - I was totally spoiled rotten while I was down in Miami. It's good to be back, though.

LadyBug - Hubby was surprised, yes.

William - I surely did.

Miss Valerie Jean - I did!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013