10.18.2006

Rest for the Weary

Today has been a long, long day.

A busy, busy, long, long day.

The drive an hour to Sweet Pea's eye doctor, after dropping off Punkin and Buddy at their separate schools.

The drive back to drop Sweet Pea off at her school, then getting myself in to work.

I skipped my lunch hour in order to make up a bit of time, and I was able to accomplish quite a bit this afternoon.

At some point, it began raining -- not a terrible thunderstorm, but a steady rain, accompanied by a chill. By the time I reached the littles' school to pick them up, I already couldn't wait to get home.

Buddy cried for most of the way home, Sweet Pea whined a little here and there as well. As I sat there listening to my children fuss, looking out through the rain-spattered windshield, I realized that the longest part of my evening commute was the mile or two stretch of road where traffic is always backed up to some degree.

The day was not without it's sunny moments, however. Sweet Pea and I stopped for donuts (Dunkin Munchkins, actually) on the way to her doctor's appointment this morning. Getting one on one time with the kids is so good. It gives me a chance to really see them, rather than the fuss and bluster that accompanies them when they are all together.

Dinner was a slapdash event that pleased everyone for a change. I warmed up some stuffed green peppers for Hubby, chicken nuggets and fries for the kids, and a salmon filet with rice for me.

The children played together relatively well this evening, and I put together the fixin's for a crockpot pork roast for tomorrow's dinner. I was even able to take my shower while the kids were playing, rather than waiting until they were all down for the night.

Speaking of which, for a change, they all went to bed relatively easily, with only token resistance.

Ah, silence.

Right now, I'm not going to think about what tomorrow will bring. I'm just going to "be."

Hubby is working on mudding the playroom, and tonight is my night to relax now. My bones ache and I'm tired all over. My body tells me it's time to sit and watch some television, or perhaps go to bed early for a change. I'm also thinking a little cocoa and Bailey's might be just what the doctor ordered.

11 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Mmm, donuts.

sharkey said...

Mmmmm . . . cocoa and Bailey's.

I love how you can take everyday events (even when you're having a not-so-good day) and make them interesting for us.

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - They were yummy!

Sharkey - Cocoa and Bailey's is the bomb... as are you, my friend. Thank you.

eclectic said...

Cocoa and Bailey's is good, but during the winter evenings, I LOVE me some cocoa and peppermint schnapps! Mmmmmmmmmmm... Like a hot, drinkable peppermint pattie! *sigh* Maybe I'll see if we have any schnapps in the liquor cabinet from last winter.

Your momminess sounds a lot like mine. Thanks for keeping me company.

Bone Machine said...

Have you already placed the ceremonial chicken nugget under the seat?

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - No, thank YOU. :)

Bone - No, no I haven't. Thank you for the reminder. :)

hellokittn said...

CHICKEN NUGGETS AND BAILEY'S!??!?!?!?!??!

Jeepers, I miss the US. :-* miss you

Doug said...

How well I remember Bailey's and strong coffee.

One on one with each kid is even more precious as they become grandparents too.

I like popcorn chicken, mmmm good !

LadyBug said...

What a busy day.

Hooray for one-on-one time with the kids. With three, those times are so few-and-far-between, aren't they? Sigh.

Love and hugs to you, CK.

Laura said...

I've never had cocoa and baileys! Time to change that...
enjoy your rest, you needed it!

Bone Machine said...

I need to get a chicken nugget for a hood ornament. Nothing says classy like a chicken nugget.

I think Cofucious said that in one of his more obscure observations.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013