10.31.2006

Tricks and Treats

Halloween night, I stayed home with Punkin while Hubby took the littles out trick or treating. Normally, we all go, but this year, Punkin was still a bit under the weather this morning and we decided it would be best if she stayed home.

As my little racecar driver, tiny glitter fairy, and my man with an "S" on his chest pillaged the neighborhood, I frittered around the house getting things done. By the time they got home, dinner was just about ready and waiting for them.

We continued to answer the frequent "ding-donging" of our doorbell before, during and even after dinner. At one point, I was checking my email when the doorbell rang. That's when it hit me -- no, not the doorbell, an idea!

Email trick or treating!

I quickly sent out a dozen or so trick or treating emails, grinning at my own ingenuity. Hell, *I* thought it was funny, and really what harm could it do?

Let me tell you about what I received in responses:

One *subtle muffles heard within, but door does not open*

One request for a trick, a juggling trick! A piece of cake for me, and I got some Whoppers in return.

One person "BOO'd" me (with rather large and colorful font, I might add)

One person broke into her secret stash of chocolate for me when she ran out of toothbrushes!

One virtual doorbell didn't work, and I had to stand there with my face pressed against the glass FOREVER!

One person had me trade a chocolate snack cake for her (imaginary and fat free) full-size Snickers, Kit Kat, AND Butterfinger. (Score!)

One person was so very generous, telling me to watch my step and dumping the whole bowl of candy into my sack.

Another person offered me coffee, donuts, and a buncha candy, some of which was chocolate. I also got an invitation to come on in and party!

And, as always happens on Halloween, there were several places where I did not receive an answer.

All in all, it was a lovely haul.

I hope you all had a terrific Halloween! I know I did!

Now, if you'll excuse me... I have to sort through my stash...

16 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

"frequent "ding-donging" "

*giggles*

WILLIAM said...

That was very clever.

Doug said...

If I knew you were coming round last night we would have been a bit more prepared. After you left I went through your conference photos again and pretended you were giving me the guided tour.

If you have any Pay Day candy bars left, can I have one ?

LadyBug said...

I loved your virtual trick-or-treating; 'twas very clever indeed.

Nilbo said...

I thought you were asking ME what I wanted. Damn. No wonder I hate Hallowe'en ... I've had it backwards!

Bone Machine said...

That step can be tricky. I was concerned.

Susie said...

OH. I smiled, but . . . I'll be a delayed responder. Ding Dong makes me giggle, too.

Platypus said...

What a great idea! I did not have one single trick or treater last night. I had a huge stash of sweets for them and everything. Maybe I'm the scary cat lady. You'd have got sweets if you'd come to my door. :)

Amy said...

you are damn cute.

Lynn said...

That's funny! *subtle muffles heard within, but door does not open* -- this was Bloggy, wasn't it? I just have a feeling... do tell.

Sorry you didn't get a toothbrush. Hope you enjoyed the chocalate.

Lynn said...

I mean the, er, CHOCOLATE. Can you tell I started the novel? Spell check makes me retarded.

Circus Kelli said...

Mr B - I'm the master of wordsmithing...

William - Thank you!

Doug - I'll phone first next time. :)

LadyBug - Thank you!

Nilbo - Well, and you spell it with that damned apostrophe in there...

Bone - Hee

Susie - Not a problem. I can be patient when I'm getting candy.

Platypus - I would have totally ding-donged you if I'd have known that!

Amy - No, YOU are! :)

Lynn - I'll never tell... and I didn't even notice the typo until you pointed it out. I overlook nearly anything when there's chocolate around.

Lushy said...

As my only trick or treater, you can have the rest of the Whoppers. :)

Bone Machine said...

The downside is that you will get blamed for any vandalism that took place.

Circus Kelli said...

Lushy - Wooo! Thank you!

Bone - Vandalism? Don't look at me. I didn't do it.

Bone Machine said...

Someone was apparently trying to spray paint the letters Y-P-S, but I have a shakey painting hand.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013