11.25.2006

Gotta have 'em!

It's been a while since I've sung the praises of a cinnamon scone from Goldie's here on my website, and that's only because I haven't had one in so long. Let me tell you though, folks, they are a little bit of Heaven here on Earth.

Goldie's is a coffee shop that happens to be in the same town where I work. I love me some Goldie's scones, and have done what little bit I can to spread the word about how wonderful I think they are. The Gulgren's sold the coffee shop earlier this year, but the fabulous scones are still available there.

This morning, Hubby, knowing my penchant for Goldie's scones, passed me the business section of our newspaper so I could read this article.

I had known that Goldie's scones had been available in other coffee shops around the county, but I had no idea they were now distributing to Iowa and the Wisconsin Dells, as well!

Until today, I was also unaware of where the name "Goldie" came from. It's a neat story! Check out this link to discover all the flavors available!

I'll have to see if I can find one of these "participating" coffee shops along my commute... or, I may have to change my commute route. They're that good.

Damn. Now I want a cinnamon scone...

15 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Scones schmones.

Laura said...

Ok, this made me hungry, very hungry.

I'm so sorry about Pumkin's party! Hope you all are feeling better soon. You've definitely got one of those bugs that just won't let go. That's whatcha get for going down to Miami. ;)

Great pics of you and hubby!

Brudder doug said...

Ah, well, at least they sold the recipe for the scones with the place and you can still get your favorite.
In the picture it looked like there was a blueberry scone, but I don't see one listed. Shucks.

I do so hope that Punkin' is coping with the cancellation of her party, big hugs from here.

Ortizzle said...

Those scones look so mouth-watering good. Wish I lived in your neck of the woods!

Platypus said...

Mmmmmm ... scones....

They sound amazing!

eclectic said...

That's hardly fair, CK, getting us all worked up over cinnamon scones that are NOT available here. *sheesh* Now I'm going to have to find a recipe... *sigh* ;) Oh, and I'd love your help getting Nilbo's button up, but I don't have any idea where you'd find the time. How's everyone feeling over at your place today?

Bone Machine said...

Owensboro's version of Goldie isn't as delightful. She's damn annoying is what she is.

Vicodin said...

I think this topic is very different and should be more pages like this,Your
comment says a lot of truth, it's very actually, and I'd like to invited you
to visit my page:10/325-
Vicoprofen - Lortab- Tylenol
#3
- Ativan
All Major Medications are available right here at: http://www.crdrx.com

Anonymous said...

Oooooooooo, Goldies Scones!

BJ

Nilbo said...

I agree with Vicodin. Your comment DOES say a lot of truth and it IS very actually. Way to tell it like it is, Vicodin. I must rush over and visit your spammy ass.

Effie said...

that's not a scone--that's a little piece of heaven on a plate! Mmmmmmmm.......

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Obviously, you've never had one of Goldie's scones. Pick a flavor...

Laura - It made me hungry, too. I'll have to stop there sometime this week. And yeah, next time I go to Miami, I'm getting on antibiotics before the plane takes off! :)

Brudder Doug - I don't know if there is blueberry. My favorite is cinnamon and I usually stick with that.

Ortizzle - They ARE yummy. I wish you lived around here, too. :)

Platypus - They ARE amazing!

Eclectic - Pick a scone flavor that sounds good to you. I'd love to help you get Nilbo's button on your site!

Bone - The scones are worth moving for. I'm just sayin'.

Beej - Yeah! YOU know what I'm talkin' about!

Vic Odin - Hey! I haven't heard from you in SO LONG... it's been what? Nine years? You did nothing for my headache back then. I like your buddy Dem Oral way better.

Nilbo - That made me laugh out loud!

Effie - It totally is.

Bone Machine said...

As far as I know, Illinois has yet to lift the ban against me. That's all I can legally say at this point.

Amy said...

I wish I lived in America. You guys have very specific delicious foods. We just have beaver tails.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Beaver?!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013