12.15.2006

Blog Cookie Exchange! Grab a plate!

Things snowball... This entry from Ortizzle, prompted me to write this entry on regifting which was the reason I received an email from this site encouraging me to submit my story to possibly win a prize! Ain't life funny?

Well? What are you waiting for? Go vote for me!





One of my favorite things about this time of year is all the holiday treats. Not so much making them -- hey, let's face it... I'm no Betty Crocker -- but I love eating the treats.

Cookies are my favorite thing (next to cake and ice cream), and the dizzying array of holiday cookies make me feel buzzy before I even take a sugar-laden bite.

I'm a day or so late, for this, but I hope Susie will still accept my contribution.

Last year, I posted a couple of recipes for holiday treats -- and yeah, I'm cheating and posting the same recipes again, with a twist. This year, I actually made the cookies that I posted the recipe for.


My Mom used to make these every year around the holidays. I took up the tradition for a while, but I haven't done it in a few years now.


Ta-da! My "snowball" cookies -- which are actually my Aunt's old recipe for Powdered Sugar Crescent Cookies.
Snowballs are MUCH easier to make than crescents. See?



And -- in a fit of domesticity, I also made chocolate chip and white chocolate chip cookies with my kids. From scratch! No break and bakes this time! We only had enough ingredients for one batch of dough, so I halved it and added the chocolate chips to one half, and the white chocolate chips to the other half. After they were all baked, I took a picture.




Nonnie and Papa used to host Christmas morning breakfast when I was growing up. Even after they stopped having it at their house, Nonnie and Papa used to cook the breakfast at the "host house". Nonnie would make the panny-cakes, Papa would tend to the bacon and porkies (sausage links). I've made pancakes for my kids on Christmas morning the last couple of years. This year that tradition will mean a little bit more.

So, that's it. My entry for the Blog Cookie Exchange! Enjoy!

Damn. Now I'm hungry...

14 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

MMM, cookies!

Kentucky Brat said...

these all look good...

ya know, when my middle sister married and had her daughter, my mom, dad and me would drive the 15 minutes or so to their house on Christmas morning. (We usually did presents Christmas Eve) And my dad was in charge of cooking breakfast! Usually pancakes, bacon and sausage!

Platypus said...

Ooh you've made me want cookies now! Lovely recipes - I may have to try one this weekend with Stumpy. I have voted for your wonderful re-gifting post, of course. :0)

WILLIAM said...

I paid no attention to the post...the new profiel pic...totally hot.

Ortizzle said...

Kelli! So glad that re-gifting thing got you a moment of fame. And maybe more; I just went over there and gave you top points for the article, which it well deserved.

Off to bake some of those yummy cookies... as soon as I finish grading 123 essays and turn my grades in. *sigh*

Susie said...

Great recipes, and memories. I did not click your links yet, because with my ADD, it could be days before I get back here, once I start clicking links. BUT, whatever the hell you're running for, of course I will vote for you :) Right now.

Lynn said...

What William said.

Amy said...

Yumma!

YOu are SO RIGHT. Snowballs are MUCH easier than crescents.

Now. I am off to find some walnuts....

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - I know! I loves me some cookies.

KBrat - Pancakes, bacon and sausage always taste better on Christmas.

Platy - Thanks for the vote!

William - You missed it! I BAKED!

Ortizzle - I owe it all to you, darlin. :) Have fun with the essays!

Susie - I knew I could count on you! :)

Lynn - You missed it, too! I BAKED COOKIES! FROM SCRATCH!

Amy - I'm going to the store tonight. I'll get you some walnuts...

Nilbo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nilbo said...

Grrr. Hate typos. So, try again:

Sound like great recipes, and I love the panny-cake tradition ... even more poignant now.

Oh, and love the accompanying photos ... delicious!

eclectic said...

I voted for you!!!

And now I think I'll post (late, of course...) my "EVERY SINGLE CHRISTMAS MORNING BLUEBERRY MUFFINS" this weekend for Susie's party which was last Wednesday. Yay! If I get finished with everything, that is. *sigh*

Laura said...

I voted!! And i'm hungry now. I can't wait to start baking!

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo - You? Typos? Nobody's perfect, eh? At least your head didn't explode all over my blog...

Eclectic - Sweetie, lemme fill you in on a secret -- We'll never get finished with everything. Sit down and have some cocoa with me.

Laura - I love it when other people bake! :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013