12.20.2006

Boogalaga

Wednesday night, and truthfully, I got nothing.

It's been a busy week at the Big Top. We've had two failed attempts at getting to see Santa at the mall, and Sweet Pea has been sick. She had a slight fever Monday afternoon and was booted from daycare. I was home with her on Tuesday because of it. A trip to the doctor revealed she had an ear infection in both ears, and was wheezing. She's on medication now, and is doing a bit better. Her school program was this afternoon. She did pretty well during the songs she was singing, but you could tell she wasn't feeling well. Tonight, she was complaining of a tummy ache... and believe me, if she opts to stay home rather than see SANTA, she's not faking it.

Tuesday night, we went to watch Punkin in her school holiday program. She did great, and was completely wound up after the show. It took about an hour or more for her to calm down.

We'll try getting to the mall to see Santa tomorrow evening again. Hopefully, Sweet Pea will be feeling up to it.

A couple of sweet moments lately...

Erika watched the littles last night while we went to watch Punkin in her school program. This morning when Buddy woke up, the first thing out of his mouth was "Mom! Santa [was] here!" "No, honey", I told him, "Santa hasn't been here yet."

He frowned, and immediately asked for Erika. It was as if he meant to say "Where is Erika? She'll straighten this out."

Another sacred moment happened last night when we came home from Punkin's holiday program. Sweet Pea was still awake and I checked in on her. She had asked me if I thought she was a good girl all day. I had been with her most of the day, and truthfully, she did wonderful. I was able to complete a lot of my errands without a negative word or action from her. It was so nice. Sweet Pea can be a bit... contrary when she wants to be. (As recently as a couple of months ago, she was our biggest challenge on a daily basis.) It was a pleasant surprise how good she was.

She then asked if I thought Santa thought she had been good. I smiled and told her I was sure Santa had put her on the nice list. People, I'm telling you, you haven't seen anything until you've seen the smile and the look of awe and wonder that spread across my lil Sweet Pea's face at that moment. "Really, Mom? I'm on the NICE list?!" It was amazing.

In other news, hey folks, Christmas is in four days. Yee-ikes.

What's new with you? Do you have your holiday preparations complete yet?

13 comments:

Nilbo said...

Ohhh ... the NICE list. I was on that one year. I got a Johnny Seven (seven weapons in ONE!). Never been on before or since. I thought I had a shot this year, but I blew it in the past week. (sigh) Ah, well. Next year. Next year for sure.

sharkey said...

Holiday preparatios? What holiday?

Um, yeah. We still have a few things to do before we welcome 12 extra people and 3 extra dogs into our home for an overnight stay. In fact, I just posted about it a few minutes ago.

Yee-ikes is right.

Doug said...

Gee, wish I could see Sweet Pea's smile. So sorry she is sick, hope she gets well quick in time for the big day.

Take a look at my xanga entry tonight to see how we are faring in this area.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=+Boogalaga&btnG=Google+Search

Effie said...

Ooooh--the NICE list!

All my prep is prepped. I have the ham to be pulled out of the freezer at just the right time, then to make scalloped potatoes and all sorts of yummy stuff for Christmas dinner, other than that, I'm all set! You ready?? I even gave the Maternity Ward a box of chocolates this morning at my appointment.

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo - Way to go. I'm sure you'll be on the nice list next year... maybe start being nicer later in the year...

Sharkey - 12 extra people and three extra dogs? No darlin, yours is more like "Yee-gods!" ;)

Doug - She's already feeling a bit better. I'll send you pics of her smile later tonight. :)

Mr. B - I *knew* you could get it on eBay!

Effie - I think you're one of those special people that's been on the nice list since forever. Your dinner sounds great! We'll be there! :)

Bone Machine said...

There's a nice list?!?!?!

I always seem to lead the pack on the not-so-nice list. It has another name, but I can't use such language in a family-oriented environment.

Amy said...

Sweetness, that sweet pea.

As for holi-preps, I walk around like I'm all good to go, but the fact of the matter is there is much to do and time's a tickin. But its gonna be great anyway.

I love christmas.

Ortizzle said...

I got a tree put up and lights on the front porch. This is really major. Working on getting on the NICE list, cuz it looks like the place to be, right there with Sweet Pea!

eclectic said...

I'm with Shaw-key: What holiday? I've blocked it from my memory in order to protect my delicate psyche from the trauma of all the last-minute details still to do. ;)

platypus said...

Stumpy actually had to point out to me that Christmas Day is Monday, not Sunday. That's how organised I am this year...

I'm so glad Sweet-Pea made the nice list. I bet you all did!

Random and Odd said...

Preparapapapaprrations? what?

*fainting*

I am such a bah-humbug this year.

Circus Kelli said...

Bone - Oh yeah... I'm on that OTHER list... always have been.

Amy - Your awesome attitude about the holidays doesn't surprise me one little bit. You're an angel.

Ortiz - Ah, darlin... you're already on that nice list.

Eclectic - Hey, that works for me.

Platy - I keep forgetting which day it's on, too.

Kristine - Hiya! I'm working on being less of a bah-humbug this year.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013