12.21.2006

More Christmas Quickies

Did you vote yet? No? Well? What are you waiting for? Go vote for me!



Where the tree tops glisten,
And children listen


Children listen? Who's children? Where? I don't believe it....

Christmas Songs

"Go Tell It on the Mountain" - I remember years and years and years ago when a friend of mine and I sat in my bedroom with this song cranked. We were just belting out the lyrics and laughing our behinds off.

"Feliz Navidad" - It is just really not the holiday season until I hear this song. It goes back a long way for me. This year, Sweet Pea recognized it the second time she heard it on the radio. "Mom! That's Fah-leese Nah-vee-dah!"

"The Chipmunks" - A favorite of mine since I was a kid, and now my kids enjoy it, too. Theodore asking for a "hooola hooop" cracks me up every time.

"Jingle Bells" - Last night, we attended Sweet Pea's school holiday program. A group of about 20 four year olds sang a few songs. They did a great job with all of the songs, but when they got to "Jingle Bells," each of the kids sang a little bit louder and a little bit more animated. I'm guessing out of all the songs they sang, "Jingle Bells" was their favorite. Maybe because they each had a bracelet full of jingle bells as a prop for the song.

"White Christmas" - Always hits me in a bit of a tender spot. Before he passed away in 1980, my grandfather taught me how to play "White Christmas" on the piano.

"Sleigh Ride" - A whole lifetime ago, I worked at KMart as a cashier during the holiday season. Some of the speakers with the piped in music were located right over the checkout lanes, and the looped tape they had had "Sleigh Ride" on it. Just one Saturday shift guaranteed you would hear that song at least 10 times. I went through a time where I just couldn't stand that song. Now, it's one of my favorites.

What holiday songs "speak" to you? Which ones are special to you? Do you have a favorite?



We finally got the kids over to the mall to see Santa tonight. It all went a lot better than you'd think it would go with half a million people with their kids at the mall trying to talk to Santa four days before Christmas.








Don't know if you're on the naughty or nice list?
Check here




Hmm... maybe I'm a little TOO MUCH into the holiday spirits.
What do you think?

15 comments:

The Kept Woman said...

I'm much more naughty than nice...or so Santa says.

I like Feliz Navidad...in particular I like to sing "I wanna wish you a Harry Krishna..." instead of the traditiona "I want to wish you a Merry Christmas..."

Just mixes stuff a bit, you know?

Nilbo said...

Evidently, I'm "Nice, but has been naughty at times". Damn. You just can't hide from Santa.

sharkey said...

I'm lovin' the red nose in your header photo.

Let's see, favorite songs . . . I like sleigh ride too--especially the trumpet-horse at the end. But I know what you mean about the piped-in music. I worked at an amusement park for a month and it was the same way . . . Axel F, Paula Abdul's Straight Up (I think that's what it's called) some Van Morrison that I can't remember the name of, but would know if I heard it. You might guess by the names of those tunes that it was about 20 years ago. And I still have flashbacks anytime I hear them.

Where was I? Oh yeah--Christmas music. One of my other favorites is David Bowie and Bing Crosby with Peace on Earth/Little Drummer Boy.

It does kinda look like you've gotten into the holiday spirits--like maybe the eggnog? But you make an awfully cute elf!

WILLIAM said...

Merry Christmas.

WILLIAM said...

By the way, I saw your comment at Sharkey's and I love the "different" headers you have including the red nose.

Shelley said...

Kel...you are so funny. I like the tights. My favorite song is..."All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth." I had to sing that in a program in school as a child. Ah the fond memories. Merry Christmas all.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Top Two Christmas CDs:

http://tinyurl.com/ycg79n

http://tinyurl.com/ylbx3x

Effie said...

Santa says I've been nice most of the year! Yay!

I kinda go kooky singing Christmas songs all day long this time of year--I think my coworkers are pleased not to have me around right about now! ;)

I've always been fond of "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire" and "Silver bells" and many many others!

"Meeee I waaaant a hoooooola hoooop!" teehee--I like that one too!

Circus Kelli said...

TKW - What does Santa know?

Nilbo - Aww. Better luck next year.

Sharkey - I was talking about OVER 20 years ago! Cheers! :)

William - And the same to you and your lovely family... and thank you!

Shelley - And Merry Christmas to you! :)

Mr. B - I'm going to listen to those this afternoon! Thank you!

Effie - See! I *knew* you were on the nice list! ;)

Ortizzle said...

"Overall, niceness outweighs naughtiness." I guess I can live with that. I hope Santa can, because he's getting me a very nice "nice-person" present, so I had better deserve it.

Favorite Christmas carols:
1. English: Have a holly jolly Christmas.

2. Spanish: La Marimorena. Which only hispanics over here know. But that's from spending 20-odd Christmases in Spain. I get very nostalgic when I play that CD every year.

And the er, elf yourself: hilarious! Where do you find these things?

I went to cheat and vote for you twice, but they must have cookie detectors on that site, and they wouldn't let me. ;-(

Circus Kelli said...

Ortizzle - You totally deserve that present... two even. You're THAT nice. ;)

Lynn said...

I voted for you, Kelli!
{{{Kelli}}}

Annejelynn said...

A day late, but hope you had a very merry chrimpus and All the best to you and yours! and have a great New Year!

Bone Machine said...

Last year or the year before I did up a disc of various Christmas tunes. Needless to say, it was a tad obnoxious.

Doug said...

Gee Sis, you have an entry that won't stop.
Favorite Carols ?
My all time favorite from the beginning is "Silent Night."
Then of course "Away In The Manger," "Silver Bells," and if possible being near a grand theater organ when it plays "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring," good for Christmas of course, but grand any time of the year. Majestic

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013