12.01.2006

Welcome to Winter!

...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON CST TODAY...

SNOWFALL OF 6 TO 12 INCHES WILL BLANKET MUCH OF NORTH CENTRAL AND NORTHEAST ILLINOIS THIS MORNING.

THE HEAVIEST SNOW OF 8 TO 12 INCHES WILL FALL IN A CORRIDOR FROM LA SALLE TO DEKALB TO WOODSTOCK. SNOW AMOUNTS WILL TAPER OFF TO 4 TO 8 INCHES ALONG THE I-55 CORRIDOR...FROM PONTIAC TO JOLIET TO CHICAGO.
We live in that corridor.

See?


I Have A Snow Day
(My apologies to Daniel Powter)

Where is your sleep when you need it the most
Kids awake way too early, blissful dreams are lost
You see there's snow on the ground outside
You see your children's eyes grow real wide
You find out the schools are all closed

You're checking the forecast to see there's more snow
The kids are waiting by the door in their coats
It's six a.m. and they want to go play
They haven't had breakfast yet, I'm thinking no way
And I don't need no carryin' on

Now you have snow day, you're takin the day off
You stay in your jammies, pretend you're a sloth
You call in to work, no reason to lie
You have the day off and you really don't mind
You have a snow day... you have a snow day

So yeah... Punkin's school district closed the schools and before/after school programs, so I'm home today.

Better yet... MY WORK IS CLOSED TODAY! WOOOOOO!

The littles were up at 4:30am. Buddy was awake because he didn't eat much dinner last night, and he was hungry. Sweet Pea came running out of her room with "Mom! There is snow on my window!"

There was no way I was going to go back to bed with all that going on, so they had some breakfast while Hubby got ready for work. I tiptoed into Punkin's room to turn off her alarm. She came down a couple of minutes later. By 5:15am, the whole house was awake. *yawn*

I am not disappointed that I'm not going to work today, not even a little bit. There is plenty here to keep my occupied. There is always laundry to take care of, and I have my Christmas to-do list to cross things off of. I also have the ingredients I need to make some special cookies, and Punkin wants to do some sort of craft today.

The kids can't wait to get outside in the snow. I'm sure once it gets light outside they'll be asking "Can we go outside now?" every five minutes. Right now it is still only about 6:15am as I type this.

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug
And a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me, too

(Can you guess what the kids are watching on television?)

So yeah. Today's a snow day. A free day! Yay!

- - - - -

Yesterday wasn't so bad either. The boss had a breakfast meeting, and I had to get food for it. Guess where I went? Go on, guess!



A little slice of heaven, I tell you...



I should have picked up an extra one or two for this morning...

21 comments:

Amy said...

SNOW DAY!

Well you went and got me anticipating snow days here to come, CK!

Have FUN! Make sure the mittens are tucked right into those cuffs so that there are no returns to the house with cold wet wrists, mama!

WILLIAM said...

Snaow days are always fun. For the first two hours.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*Barney hater*

Nilbo said...

There's snow days like snow days.

LadyBug said...

LOVE your song. Hee!

Bone Machine said...

I'm glad you got to stay home. I will just add that my hatred for winter is on par with my hatred for cheese and Toby Keith (which actually fits in the cheese category).

eclectic said...

Oooh, a stay-home-free day!! I love those, especially when I didn't expect one. Enjoy! Want a birthday cuppity cake? We have rainbow chip with sprinkles. It's no Goldie's cinnamon scone, but it's what Littlest Eclectic wanted.

Doug said...

Guess my comments didn't take this morning.

Hope your snow day turned out better than expected and that you had some time to yourself as well as some precious "kid time"

Ortizzle said...

I had a snow day, too! For a very pathetic amount of snow, but temps were 22F and the road conditions and snow-ice pellet blizzard were too much for Texas. Wish it looked like you pic here!

P.S. I have been trying for over 24 hours to post a comment. Every time I clicked on the comment section it just opened to a blank page. Anybody else have probs, or is it just me?

Lynn said...

I love this post! Bad weather can actually have BENEFITS!!!

About that last photo? Now I'm hungry.

Platypus said...

I had problems posting comments too. It seems to be OK now though.

I hope you managed OK with the dreadful weather and that your cookie baking was a success today!

Laura said...

Whoa... how did you make it through the weekend?? Are the kids driving you crazy yet? LOl

Effie said...

we had torrential downpouring rain instead of snow up here, but today it's making up for it in the cold department!!

I hope you enjoyed your day, darlin!

Lushy said...

Love the new look!

The Kept Woman said...

Hey, are you guys still burried down there or what?!?!

We got enough to make the roads a disaster but not enough to go sledding.

Thanks God for that or I would have looked like the world's worst mother for not taking my kids out in the snow. Have I mentioned how much I hate the cold and snow? Just making sure.

eclectic said...

LOVE the new look! Where do you find time to decorate your blog?? Fer pity's sake, I can't even find time to properly decorate my HOUSE! *sheesh* You're amazing!!!

Platypus said...

Great new look! Very festive and I love the masthead. :0)

cat said...

Oh, man! JEALOUS.

And hungry. Must... eat... scones...

Circus Kelli said...

Amy - Oh, yeah. We tuck the mittens.

William - No kidding. :)

Mr B - who's hating on Barney? Not me...

Nilbo - How right you are.

Ladybug - Thank you! That some was playing on our alarm radio just a few minutes before we discovered it was a snow day. It seemed fitting.

BoneMach - I'm not a fan of winter either.

Eclectic - I would LOVE a cuppity cake! Got any left?

Doug - It was a lovely day.

Ortizzle - I saw your pic! You call that SNOW? Hee...

Lynn - Oh, I know... same for me. I'll have to take that photo down, I think. :)

Platypus - We managed and we have plenty of cookies! Want some?

Laura - Yep, the kids were driving me crazy, but that could have happened even without the snow. :)

Effie - Well, keep warm!

Lushy - Thank you!

TKW - Yep, we're still pretty buried, but the roads aren't bad. The kids wanted to go out again yesterday and play in it, but it was WAY TOO COLD. I'm not a fan of the cold and snow either.

Eclectic - Thank you! My house is a mess... but at least my blog looks good!

Platypus - Thank you! That's Sweet Pea hiding under a hat. :)

Cat - Don't be jealous about the snow. You can totally be jealous about the scones, though.

MrPhred said...

I'm lovin' the new masthead.

Give you a snow day and you get a lot done! ;)

Circus Kelli said...

Hiya, Phred! I got a lot done?! When? :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013