1.22.2007

The Complete Monday

Both littles were up early this morning. Usually, they sleep a little later on Monday mornings because they're used to sleeping in over the weekend. Today, not so much.

They said goodbye to Daddy when he left for work, then they settled down to have breakfast. A few bits of Sweet Pea's Cap'n Crunch landed on her lap, and shortly after that, all hell broke lose. I thought I was doing good in grabbing a napkin and removing the stray bits and dabbing up the milk... she felt otherwise and let me have it for the next 30 minutes. A full-fledged tantrum the likes of which we haven't seen for a while here. I did my best to ignore it and finally put her in her room for a timeout. I should have done that sooner, because it worked like a charm. Oddly enough, after exerting all that energy, she fell asleep on the way to school and woke up as a whole new child.

The headache I'd been trying to wish away was getting worse. It was a sinus headache and it was beginning to affect my stomach. Then, the chills came. I had gone from working the whole day and going to the dentist, to hoping I could hold out at work until 9:30am. I couldn't focus or get started on anything. An hour after being at work, I left for home. I probably shouldn't have been driving -- my head was pounding and all I could think of was getting home and into bed.

I slept most of the day, despite falling asleep before 9pm last night and sleeping a full night. When I woke up, I rescheduled the dentist and had a couple pieces of toast before calling Hubby and letting him know I would go with him to pick up the kids this evening.

He came home, we left, picked up the kids and returned home. Punkin complaining of a headache, Sweet Pea coloring quietly and Buddy throwing his own version of a tantrum. He evidently didn't like my decision on something. After kicking me, then hitting me, he went into timeout and cried for ten minutes.

It looks like everyone is feeling better right now. An early bedtime for the kids seems like a good idea, and I'm just going to rest as well.

Let's hope Tuesday is better for everyone.

12 comments:

Susie said...

Aw, honey. I hope it's a peaceful night and that tomorrow is much better.

Nilbo said...

I'm so sorry you were feeling rotten today, CK ... hope tomorrow finds you smiling ...

Sharkey said...

I hope you feel better soon, and that Punkin's headache is unrelated and non-contagious.

Doug said...

Gee, thinking back, perhaps it would have been nice to have a ride into work and nap along the way. Seemed to work for Sweet Pea and even at this late date sounds good to me.

Seems like littles grow from tantrums in the early years to sulkiness and rebellion in their teen years. All part of growing up I guess -- seems as if I was a prime culprit along the way.

Hope you are not coming down real bad Sis.

Circus Kelli said...

Susie - Amen. :)

Nilbo - Me too.

Sharkey - Thanks, love.

Doug - You're right. Love you Brudder Doug.

LadyBug said...

Oh, sweetie, that sounds like a sucky day. I hope everyone slept well last night and woke up feeling much better this morning.

Love and hugs to you and your little clowns, dear.

eclectic said...

Eeeeep! It's Tuesday now, so here's hoping that whatever Monday-gremlins got into your house are banished today.

WILLIAM said...

Hi Ck

Bone Machine said...

From my own experience, Cap'n Crunch consumption leads to open hostility. It's a part of its goodness.

OddMix said...

Yikes! I hope you are all feeling better, now.

platypus said...

Oh Kelli I'm sorry you felt so bad. I've been having trouble getting any Blogger blogs to load for the last couple of days so I've only just seen this. I hope you did get that better Tuesday. x

Ortizzle said...

Late getting over here, too. Hope you have come out of headache mode, and that the kids are no longer deserving of "time-outs."

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013