1.28.2007

Starting Again

The Odd Mix has something called "The Weekend Words Challenge." I thought it might be kind of neat to see if I could play along. This weekend, the words were "Start" and "Again."


There are a lot of things that I could be starting... the kitchen floor needs to be washed, our bedroom closet needs to be cleaned out, and I don't think I've added anything besides Buddy's name to his baby book since he was born. This picture however, represents something that I need to start for me. I haven't been back to school for my stalled Webmaster Certificate in quite a while. Back in 2005, Santa brought me this and two other programming books in an attempt to get me to do some self-studying. I really should start doing that.


This picture represents just one of the many things I do around the Big Top again and again and again. After I completed folding and putting away all the clean laundry this morning, I had to strip the sheets on Buddy's bed because his pullup leaked during the night. The laundry is never really done, is it?

Don't forget to stop by Odd Mix's place to see who else played!


And instead of starting anything, or doing anything again this afternoon, I took some time to sit, watch some TiVo, and nap a bit. When I woke up, the kids and Hubby were watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (the original, not the Johnny Depp version). Since the beginning of the year, I've tried to better balance what needs to be done with what I need. So far, so good.

And now, I must decide what I'm going to put together for dinner, get things ready for the start of our week, and ease on into our Sunday evening routine.

It was a good weekend. I'll be sorry to see it go.

How was your weekend?

18 comments:

eclectic said...

The weekend really IS slipping away again, isn't it? *sigh* I'm grateful it's been so lovely, though.

Sharkey said...

SELECT BlogName, URL
FROM Blogger
WHERE Category='Funny'
AND State='IL'

Results:
My Circus Life Blog, http://mycircuslife.blogspot.com

______________

How's that for SQL?

Glad you're finding a better balance in your life. Aren't naps wonderful?

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*giggles* CK said, "Willy"

Nilbo said...

Not a great weekend here .. I'm sick, my dog sprained her ankle... and some other, more serious problems. But if anybody deserves a good weekend, it's you :)

Doug said...

Heh, I'm still lost in Windows XP For Dummies. I need a translator to tell me what the words in the book really mean.

Our loads of washing have drastically decreased since the kids grew up and began to make their own homesteads. But how I remember laundry of yesteryear. Back then diapers were cloth. Took a firm grip and much attention when rinsing a diaper in a flushing commode, but it worked. Back during that time it seemed that a "human stable smell" permeated our atmosphere at home. And the washing machine churned almost 24 - 7 too.

But, you know, if given the energy I'd like to go back in age and do it all over again. Being a participant and observer of our own kids progress to adulthood was one of the most wonderful experiences.

So, I'm blathering again.

Sorry

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - Me too, darlin. Me too.

Sharkey - I'm not really sure what you just said, but I think I like it. :)

*rolls eyes at Bloggy*

Nilbo - So really, you have nowhere to go but up, right?

Doug - Love you Brudder Doug. If you find that energy, can I borrow some? ;)

OddMix said...

I'm so glad you played! You did very well.

And balance is very important and not easy to maintain. Good for you.

My photos are up now, too.

Laura said...

laundry never ends!! I hope you find some "you" time in the middle of it all. Our entire month isn't going well, but February could be better! LOl
I'll go take a look at Odd Mix's blog. Sounds fun!

Effie said...

I'm sick.

I agree with sharkey!

I'll do your laundry when I get around to doing mine though...seems to be piling up around here too!

Lynn said...

Laundry is the bane of my existence.

Circus Kelli said...

Lynn - Mine, too... and little mousies that sneak into my work desk at night and break into my cocoa supply.

Effie - I hope you're feeling better very soon, darlin.

Laura - I'm sorry to hear your month isn't going well. At least it's almost over!

OddMix - Thank you!

wordgirl said...

SQL? It's all Greek to me. Literally!

Amy said...

good weekend here. got out to dinner wearing a skirt and boots! well, and a top of course but you know it is a real grown up outing when skirt and boots are happening.

platypus said...

Hey there! Sorry I'm so late, given that it's Tuesday night here... I had a good but very busy weekend with Stumpy back from school. We shopped and hugged and talked and spent lots of time together. Now I'm cleaning up ready for when she comes home again on Friday!

eclectic said...

*waving*


Hi CK!!

Susie said...

My Pullup leaked, too.

Bone Machine said...

PCP and MySpace? What?

The Kept Woman said...

I'm always sad to see the weekend go. Who decided that it should only be two days long?

I deman a recount.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013