1.31.2007

Wednesday Stuff

The Kept Woman does a "Way Back Wednesday" every week, showcasing old photos on her blog. I've been wanting to participate in this for a while, but hey, let's face it, I just finished writing all my thank you notes from Christmas and Buddy's birthday party. I'm a bit behind... although in an attempt to get ahead for next year, I may photocopy these thank you notes and mail them out again after Christmas this year.

In other words, just because I participate in Way Back Wednesday this week, that doesn't mean that I'll be able to consistently participate down the road (because sometimes I'm a bit of a 'tard). Instead, I'm posting all the old pictures I have to offer NOW. Why? Well, because I'm home with Buddy this afternoon. He was "booted" from daycare with a fever. We made it to the daycare parking lot (and thankfully we weren't inside the externally flameless Mommyvan yet) when he puked. Now that he is napping peacefully (and now that my Christmas thank yous are all done), I shall use this "free" time for this...


Oh, to be on a beach now... and this confident in a bikini again.


This picture was taken shortly after the braces were taken off my teeth. Showing off my smile was one of my favorite hobbies that year.


Ice skating with Papa


See? 'Tard.


Every year, Dit and I would have matching or very similar
Easter clothes. I vaguely remember this outfit.


I remember this coat as one of my favorites growing up.
More evidence that I was a goofy kid.

10 comments:

eclectic said...

Oh, but such a CUTE "goofy" kid!!!! Those are AWESOME!!! You were almost as cute then as you are NOW!!!

Sorry Buddy's not feeling well. Hope Buddy keeps his bugs to himself and feels better by tomorrow. Because aren't you done being sick this winter already?

I just got home to a sicky 10-year old, myself. Daddy stayed with him this morning, and I get the afternoon. We'll doubtless all be sick in a matter of days...

The Kept Woman said...

I see you were very busy with that scanner! Great pics!!!

I envy you and your hot pink vomit-free van...

platypus said...

First of all, great new template! Very sweet indeed. :) Secondly, sorry Buddy's not well and here's hoping he bounces back fast without infecting everyone else in the circus...

Finally, fab pictures! I am so impressed. I may scan some old ones of me to give everyone a good giggle - I was such a dork!

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

We needed proof of your being goofy?

MrPhred said...

Those are GREAT! You were a cute kid. Come to think of it, you still are - except for that puke on your shoes.

Doug said...

Now it is pretty evident who Punkin' gets her good looks from.

That furry with the singe on top - - - whups - - - Furry Hoodie - - - Is great, remember one of our kids who loved theirs as much as you yours.

You are a pretty girl from the get go Sis.

Ortizzle said...

Girlie, you are one gorgeous gal, at all ages! I especially identified with the "after-braces" photo. (Well, I identified with the event... I didn't look nearly as "hot"... but I sure felt like a million dollars!)

candace said...

Lookit how cute you were! Do any of the kids resemble you when you were younger? Mine don't, really, but my son looks JUST like my dad when he was Christopher's age. It's eerie.

WILLIAM said...

Very cool to see you as the young-un

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - Buddy is still feeling a bit feverish and has the chills. He is napping. Best thing for him right now.

TKW - I don't have a scanner -- those are pics of old pics. :)

Platypus - Firstly, thank you! Secondly, me too. Finally, I'd love to see your pictures!

Mr. B - Well, ok... so it was more of a reminder for you all...

Phred - Thank you! (Buddy missed my shoes, thank goodness)

Doug - Hee, thank you kindly Brudder.

Ortizzle - Thank you, darlin. Got any post braces pics you'd like to share? :)

Candace - Punkin looks like a virtual carbon copy of me. I joke that I made her without any help from Hubby at all. The littles strongly resemble each other. Buddy's grin is Hubby's grin all over again.

William - Thank you. :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013