2.06.2007

Cracked Up

Monday night, after arriving home late from work (after a l-o-n-g day after a night of not sleeping very well) I fed the children a gourmet meal of chicken nuggets, french fries and ketchup. (I know, you want the recipe. Email me and I'll send it to you.) Hubby had already eaten something for dinner, and was busy talking to me as I frittered around in the kitchen.

Buddy had dropped a french fry on the floor, so I walked over to where he was sitting and bent down to pick it up. I was standing in front of Buddy, with my back to Hubby, and did a sort of half-squat half-bend thing to retrieve the fry on the floor. (I never could figure out why my stripper career didn't take off with moves like that...) When I did, Hubby looked at my backside and exclaimed (as he often does) "WOW!"

As I slowly stood back up, I replied "Yeah! I KNOW! It's like a total eclipse of your son!"

After which I laughed so hard my face turned red and my eyes watered.

(See, Susie! You're not the only one who's butt can eclipse the sun!)

19 comments:

Kat said...

I have tears in my eyes from laughing! Thank you!

Doug said...

Geez Sis, ya got a million of 'em.
Snort, chuckle and tee hee.

Nilbo said...

Brilliant. Brilliant. Brilliant. You are soooo frigging funny. Seriously funny.

Circus Kelli said...

Kat - You're welcome!

Doug - Nah, just a few well-timed ones.

Nilbo - Thank you!

Sharkey said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny!

You're quick, too--that line would've come to me about 20 minutes later. Or never.

Patsy said...

That reminded me of the time that my sister and I took turns taking pictures of each others butt, when we were in the bent over position. Then we put them onto the computer so we could decide who had the bigest butt! No I'm not tellen

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Thank you Bonnie Tyler for burning "Total Eclipse of the Heart" into my brain. Bleck!

Lynn said...

Your gourmet offerings sound much like my own! Ha! Bloggy's funny.

WILLIAM said...

Hah. Clever.

Your Gourmet sounds awesome. I may need to get the recipe.

Susie said...

He knows not to stare right at it without protection, right? ;)

OddMix said...

Very, very funny.

As to your nascent stripping career, usually things have to *ahem* get on the runway before they can take off.

Bone Machine said...

I guess it's never too late for a career change.

eclectic said...

Hilarious!!! Oh, I needed that laugh today, too!!

So, how do you eclipse the moon?

platypus said...

I couldn't resist and checked your blog whilst I was at work... My *snork* could be heard across the office!

LadyBug said...

GAWD, I love a good pun. Hee!

Effie said...

LOL!

Love it!

(i finished writing...)

MrPhred said...

Ha-HAAAA! That's hilarious!

Laura said...

wayyy too funny! LOL

Amy said...

Funny! Turn around, bright eyes!

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013