2.28.2007

It is, you know...

The Littles talk about a lone fly in the house:

Sweet Pea to Me this morning:
Mom, there is a fly on the ceiling!
Now he's on the wall!
Now he's on the ceiling in the kitchen!
If we had one of those bug swatters, we could really swat it and kill it.

Sweet Pea to Buddy this evening:
I think that is the fly on the ceiling. If we had a ladder and a madifying glass, we could tell if that was the fly.

I don't really have much to say today -- it was a good day. I accomplished some things, there were no major dramas, no classic meltdowns.

Last weekend, as I was finishing scrubbing the kitchen floor, Buddy said "Dood job, Mom" and Sweet Pea verbally awarded me "a hundred million good job slips."

Tonight, after I sang "You Are My Sunshine", a chorus of "Achey Breaky Heart", and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", I gave Buddy hugs and kisses and "I love you." Then, he rewarded me with "I luff all-body, Mom" (I love everybody!)

Now, all the kids are in bed, the house is quiet except for the hum of the washing machine.

Sometimes, all I can do at the end of the day is sigh and think to myself, "Life is good."

12 comments:

Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Pretty innocent-sounding for a KIDNAPPER!

Circus Kelli said...

What are you bitchin about? I let you go!

wordgirl said...

You just said how I feel. More eloquently than you know.

Brudder doug said...

You have a sweet bunch of kids Sis.

And Buddy is reaching out to love the whole family, that is great.

Is Sweet Pea still having to wear the blinder on one side ?

Susie said...

This sweet post from the woman who yelled, "It's Flameless Mommy Van, you fucking retard."
Umhmm. Word is out about you, CK. I'll still marry you, though.

Circus Kelli said...

Wordgirl - I take that as a huge compliment coming from you. Thank you.

Brudder - Yeah, my kids aren't too bad, huh? Sweet Pea still wears an eyepatch for a few hours a day.

Susie - Heh... I do have a multi-faceted personality, don't I?

platypus said...

That was lovely. I can feel the domestic bliss from here - which is kind of weird after reading poor Bucky's account of what you really got up to when the two of you met up the other week!

Lynn said...

A day with no dramas or meltdowns is a thing to be treasured. It's a pleasure to hear, Kelli.
{{{{{{{{Kelli}}}}}}}}

Bone Machine said...

I thought mothers were supposed to sing Slayer songs to their kids.

Ortizzle said...

That made me smile. Maybe I need to appreciate the hum of the washing machine more. Or come to think of it, put on a load!

Annejelynn said...

You so rock, grrl! Love it! Love you!

Life is good.

here today, gone tomorrow said...

"madifying"...heeh!

Word ver: jilld

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013