2.16.2007

Lunch Special

So, today, I went to Long John Silvers for lunch. It's one of those fast food joints that is a "two-fer", two restaurants in one. This one is a LJS/Taco Bell located in beautiful near-to-downtown McHenry, Illinois.

I had a fish plank and a chicken plank and a smattering of french fries, but that's not the very cool part, no. The very cool part is who I had lunch with!

Ta-da!


You're seeing correctly, folks! Today I had lunch with none other than the marvelous Bucky Four Eyes!


I was pretty nervous to meet up with her, even though I knew there was no reason to be -- you know, other than the fact that all internet people are either perverts or axe murderers. Hubby was a bit concerned about me meeting up with one of "those internet people" until I pointed out that we were driving to the fast food joint separately, and meeting in the middle of the day in a crowded public place. I also pointed out that I was one of "those internet people."

A fact that you may not know about me (but is now abundantly clear to Ms. Bucky) is that I get all rambly and kinda twitchy and a little bit giggly when I'm nervous. (I'm sure the Coke I drank before meeting her didn't help, either.) Thankfully, she was completely gracious, and I calmed down after a little while.

We laughed about how we should have met up at Dunkin Donuts/Baskin Robbins down the street, but the agreed that it wouldn't be the same without William there.

After we were done eating, I cleared the table (because that's what I do, I'm a Mom) while Bucky set up her camera to take our picture. (She has some serious camerage going on there. Very nice. I'd be totally lost with all the lenses and settings and whatnot that she has on her cool camera.) A very nice LJS/TB patron also offered to take our picture for us.

It was a lovely little visit, and a terrific way to break up my workday. Lunch was over far too soon. Oddly enough, after I returned to work, I had no motivation to complete anything at all. (Strange, huh? An employee with the nearly irresistable urge to goof off on a Friday afternoon as the clock ticks off the minutes until the day is done?) Instead, I looked at my list of blogs I visit and wondered if I would ever get a chance to meet anyone else in that list.

So, hey, if you're ever in Northern Illinois around lunchtime, lemme know. Maybe we can do lunch. (hee!)

25 comments:

Bone Machine said...

Very nice.

Thankfully no one was arrested and the riots were kept to respectable levels.

Circus Kelli said...

Heh... for all you know, that's the truth. There was some police activity in the area -- I'll say no more.

Lynn said...

You ate lunch with Bucky? How awesome!! I wish I could have eaten lunch with you guys, too!!

I guess you switched to the new blogger thingy. Your profile says you are 250 years old. Yeah, well, when I switched mine, Blogger made an oldster of me, too.

wordgirl said...

Wow...I haven't had a LJS chicken plank in...like...forever.

Susie said...

I'm jillis of both of you! Sounds great, CK :)

Susie said...

Oh, and I went through the same stuff with Jif when I met mrtl for the first time. Meet in public, drive separately, call me as soon as dinner's over. And I, too, reminded him that I'm one of those internet wackos, too. But, you can't be too careful. You never know when someone might show up with a stack of donuts . . .

Circus Kelli said...

Lynn - I sure did! I do feel about 250 years old this morning...

Wordgirl - Heh, well, stop on by around lunchtime, we'll get one!

Susie - It was great! Hee hee!

Nilbo said...

I think you're both internet wackos and ax murderers, so you cancelled one another out.

I'm so jealous. Jealous jealous jealous. But I'm glad you two had a wonderful time. I'm disappointed there is no picture of the assless chaps, but I suppose it IS winter.

Circus Kelli said...

Nilbo - It takes one to know one...

Anonymous said...

I actually think that the Original Long John Silver was an ax murderer.

Williams Brother

platypus said...

I am so jealous! I'm glad you met up and had a great time though - and I promise I'll drop by next time I'm in town. :)

Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Lunch rocked! It was a gorgeous day for a drive, and I didn't even get lost.

That said, I don't know if McHenry will ever be the same. Please tell the fire chief I'm awfully sorry about the massive KY spillage on Main street.

I've finally saved all my old posts and switched over to NEW Blogger, so I will post my account of meeting an internet axe murderer later. Although I don't know if I will publish my picture of the two of us together, because I look like I've been hit with the ugly fat-girl stick in that one! :)

Bone Machine said...

On the next episode of Cops...

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

When Bloggers Meet, Film at 11

Bucky Four-Eyes said...

Oh, and it was definitely a lunch SPECIAL. Helmet special. Grilled cheese as epaulets special.

Brudder doug said...

Aw Gee, you guys have all the fun.

Promise me Sis that you will never come through Denver without stopping over long enough for a meal. Wish I could go there, but it ain't in the cards.

Circus Kelli said...

Williams Brother - LOL - that's funny!

Platypus - Oh! Please do!

B4E - Lunch was a blast! I love the pics of you, but I have some serious "fat face" in the one of me.

Bone - It may not be the NEXT episode...

Mr. B - To my knowledge, all film of the meeting has been destroyed.

Brudder - Oh, I most DEFINITELY will stop by to see you if I'm ever in Denver. Count on that.

Squirl said...

I've been wanting to see the pictures since I heard you guys had lunch AND took pictures. So glad you had a good time.

Meeting other bloggers has been a good experience for me. Nina took a detour when she was driving between Phoenix and her home in Colorado. Her husband was worried because she came alone to meet us at a house we were renting for the week in Sedona. We all had a wonderful time and there were no ax murders that day. :)

eclectic said...

Oh, that's so NOT FAIR... I wanna live in the Midwest and go to lunch with you, and Bucky, and Squirl, and Kittn, and... damn. It's just NOT FAIR!!!!

Looks like fun, though... and I am happy for you both. And insanely envious!

Circus Kelli said...

Squirl - It was fun to meet Bucky! I'm so glad it finally worked out.

Eclectic - Hey, baby... next time you're in town, swing on by -- we'll do lunch. :)

Momentarily_Distracted said...

I'm jillus.

LadyBug said...

I can just hear your conversation with your hubby.

"Well, I already know Bucky's a pervert, so that rules out the whole axe murderer thing."

Heh.

I'm trying not to be jealous that you guys got to meet each other. :)

Annejelynn said...

oh how cool is that!?! Well, if you ever come to vacation in Vegas, don't forget me! (people do tend to forget that I live in Sin City)... and No. IL, ever? I'll be callin!

WILLIAM said...

Very cool.

It's Me, Maven... said...

Great picture, and I'm oh-so-jealous of you:) So what didja both talk about? Details woman:)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013