2.04.2007

Weekend Words

Weekend Word Challenge: Balance, Parallel

I was at work when I read the words for this weekend's challenge. I pondered on the first of the words, "Balance" for a moment, then I looked to my left and saw this scene...


The balance between work (the files, the application paperwork for my upcoming CPS Exam, and my planner) and home, family (the pictures of my kids and husband). Given the week we've had with Buddy being sick*, and the juggling we've been doing, it seemed perfect.

The second word, "Parallel" seemed to be a little tougher. I started seeing parallel lines everywhere, and wanted something a little more abstract. Saturday, we were going to my MIL's house. As we pulled into the driveway, inspiration struck.


These trees are huge, you'll have to take my word for that... they've melded into part of my MIL's house in my mind. As has this one:


This would be the non-parallel tree at my MIL's house, and it's just as much part of her house as the other trees.

Don't forget to visit Odd Mix's place to see who else played!


* Buddy is still fighting whatever virus has him in it's clutches. His temp isn't very high, and when the "orange medicine" is working, he's fine. Then the chills come, then the temp creeps up a bit again. The doctor said she has seen some other kids with this bug, and to bring Buddy in on Monday if he still has a fever.

19 comments:

Doug said...

So, the Leaning Pine is in your MIL's driveway or yard. Neat, I remember that fondly.

Balance - wish I had me a little, sure would keep my nose from being so sore.

Oh, poor Buddy. I know that being a boy he hates feeling so bad. Hope he does get well soon.

Circus Kelli said...

Doug - The Leaning Pine is in my MIL's backyard. It's a cool tree.

I could use a little more balance as well. :)

I hope he gets well soon, too, Doug. Thank you dear Brudder.

Susie said...

Sending healing hugs for Buddy.
That is one cool tree.
Peace to your heart, ck.

Circus Kelli said...

Susie - It IS a cool tree. Peace to you, too.

WILLIAM said...

I like both pics but the Balance one is great.

Circus Kelli said...

Thanks, William!

OddMix said...

Excellent photos, Kelli! I love the shots of the trees.

I hope Buddy gets better soon.

wordgirl said...

Good luck with the exam and with Buddy. I know that watching your kid feel like crap is just the worst kind of misery. I LOVE the leaning tree.

cat said...

Oh, very cool! I really need to get playin'...

LadyBug said...

Awwww, poor Buddy. I hope he's feeling better today.

I just saw your new masthead. You appear to have heartburn, CK. Hee.

Doug said...

A little birdie,
Singing in a pine tree,
Said that Buddy's well,
Oh, ring a bell . . . . . . .

Effie said...

just popping in to say--pretty hearts on your background--i can feel the luv!

I hope Buddy's feelin a bit better now and that nobody else caught what he had/has!

platypus said...

I love the freaky leaning tree and I'm glad Buccy's bouncing back. Hang in there!

eclectic said...

Carter's having a tough time shaking this crud as well. Hope Buddy's on the mend! Those tree pic.s are cool as, well, really cool things.

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - Thanks, girlie. I hope Carter is feeling better very soon, too.

Platypus - Thanks, love!

Effie - So far, he's the only one *knock wood*

Brudder Doug, ever the poet, don't you know it.

Ladybug - He is feeling a bit better, thank you.

Cat - Yes, you do!

Wordgirl - Thank you!

OddMix - Thank you!

Patsy said...

So sorry you have a sick little guy. He should be fine in a couple more days. They recover quickly after the bug is squished so to speak. Love your pictures of the trees. Work! uck glad that part of my life is behind me. Thanks for visiting my site.

Lynn said...

It's sad when the little folk get sick. I hope he's well soon. Yay for the orange stuff!

Lynn from Spilling Ink

Amy said...

poor buddy! Git well soon!

Neat tree.

Bone Machine said...

That tree has style.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013