2.26.2007

WWC: Rush, Wait

Weekend Words Challenge: Rush, Wait

I had a harder time with the first word this week, Rush:


This bush rushed to bloom back in January when we were having unseasonably warm weather. Then, the snows came. I'm sorry this picture isn't any better, I took it during this past weekend's snowstorm.


This is what first came to mind when I read the second word, Wait. Every day around 3:45pm, I can look out my office window and see this -- people waiting in line to get out of the office park and on their way home.


Then I saw this picture. The kids washed the foyer floor this weekend. When they were done with the floor, they lined up all the winter boots in order of size. It looked to me like the boots were all waiting to get outside in the snow.

7 comments:

wordgirl said...

If my kids ever washed/mopped the foyer of our home, I would swear I was hallucinating. How are your kids with hardwoods? I pay well.

Ortizzle said...

Oh, God, the boot picture is priceless: a family portrait!

Brudder doug said...

Heh, wonder if the Jonquil sprouts I photographed this afternoon are rushing things a bit ?

Standing in line at the counter, waiting to check in at Kaiser is a weighty wait for me.

Lynn said...

Traffic!! Hurry up and wait, right?

I WISH my kids would clean something!

Odd Mix said...

What great photos. And great kids, too!

The Kept Woman said...

We have those same princess boots...and those people are nuts waiting in line. They could be blogging while they were waiting for the line to die down.

Circus Kelli said...

Wordgirl - It doesn't happen often around here, I can tell you that.

Ortizzle - I liked it, too.

Brudder Doug - Mmm, could be.

Lynn - My kids are in training to be really good cleaners -- isn't that why people have kids? Slave labor?

OddMix - Thank you!

TKW - I KNOW! Crazy people...

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013