3.08.2007

A Code In My Doze

Yesterday, I could feel a cold creeping up on me.

Studying Accounting Procedures (for the CPS exam), having the boss out of the office and cold medicine is NOT very conducive to remaining awake.

When I got home last night, I took a night time cold medicine. I believe I was asleep before 9:30pm, but I'm not sure. Hubby helped me put the kids to bed, then we watched some television in our room, where I proceeded to pass out until the alarm went off.

This morning, my head was killing me, and I wasn't sure if eating was a great idea. Going in to work was not going to happen today. Instead, I helped Hubby get the kids ready for school, then he took them to their schools so I could lay down and die. I slept most of the day away, and I'm still feeling like I was hit by a Mack truck.

Tomorrow night, I will have six little girls here for a party/sleepover for Punkin's belated birthday party. Her birthday is in November, and we had to cancel her party because Sweet Pea had the flu.

I need to feel better and FAST. I can't imagine hosting a party with the way I feel right now, and I certainly can't cancel it without breaking Punkin's heart -- again.

If I feel like this again tomorrow morning, I'll stay home again, start an I.V. of orange juice and rest like hell before the girls get here for the party.

** Update **
I'm not feeling any better. Vitamins, orange juice and other fluids started. Saint Shelley came to the rescue this morning and got the kids ready and took them to school.

Ten hours until the party. Must rest now.

11 comments:

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

Do what them folks in HawLeeWould does and have the doctor inject your hind end with a vitt-a-men shot.

Amy said...

Hope you are feeling better, CK.

LadyBug said...

Oh, Sweetie. I hope you're feeling much better before the party.

Love and hugs, CK.

Bone Machine said...

Have a donut. Maybe two.

Circus Kelli said...

Mr. B - Might be a good idea

Amy - Thanks, love.

Ladybug - Me too. :)

Bone - Maybe I'll do just that!

Sharkey said...

Thinking of you with the giggling gaggle of girlies. I hope you're feeling well enough to endure it and maybe even have just a tiny bit of fun.

You can collapse tomorrow. Feel better soon!

OddMix said...

Ugh! Hope you are feeling better now.

Brudder doug said...

By tonight at the time I am checking in with you Sis, I guess the party is past history.
I do hope it went well for Punkin' and that it didn't lay you low.
BTW, my mho e-mail system seems to be down for the count until I can find the time to persuade my friend the guru to come by and try to figure it out for me. My g-mail and hot mail seem to be working.

Circus Kelli said...

Sharkey - "giggling gaggle of girlies" describes it perfectly. Yes, I did have some fun, too.

OddMix - A bit yes. Thank you.

Brudder - no way... The party is still going on -- it's a sleepover. The night is still young!

Brudder doug said...

? Sleep-over ? Oxymoron if I ever heard one !

Almost 4pm Saturday, hope you did survive it Sis.

Circus Kelli said...

Brudder - I survived it. Film at 11. :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013