3.25.2007

WWC: Image, Capture

Weekend Words Challenge: Image, Capture

Image:
Years ago, I found my Biological Mother. When I met her Father (my Bio-GrandDad), he was reserved. I thought I understood why. Later, Bio-Mom gave me this picture of her Mother (Bio-GrandMom), when she was about the same age as I was at the time.

As it turns out, Bio-GrandDad was startled at the resemblance. It seems that I was the very image of his departed wife. (Bio-GrandMom passed away about 8-9 months after I was born).

Here is an image of one of the few pictures I have of her.


Capture:
Spring may have started several days ago, but today it felt like Summer. Punkin spotted this first bloom in our yard today shortly before I captured the seasonal milestone.


Later this evening, just before getting the kids ready for bed, I looked out our windows and saw this sunset. I grabbed the camera quickly to capture some of it's beauty. I haven't touched the colors at all -- although they were far brighter than you see here.





Don't forget to stop by OddMix's place to see who else played!

10 comments:

Lynn said...

Great sunset, Kelli. I can see the resemblance in the family photo. That's so cool!

WILLIAM said...

Striking resemblance.

cat said...

Defintely a striking resemblance! Wow.

Brudder doug said...

The lady with two Moms is fortunate indeed, having two families to call her own. The family resemblance is quite obvious, I think. Quite an image. Capture ? Oh how I have tried to captue sunsets, sunrises and cloud formations. Seldom am I able to capture what I actually see, perhaps it is just in my mind's eye ?
THanks Sis.

Circus Kelli said...

Lynn - Thank you!

William - Iddin it, tho?

Cat - Proof that genetics are skirry.

Brudder - I did my best to capture that sunset, I didn't get all of it, though.

OddMix said...

Gorgeous sunset and flower.

And the resemblance really is remarkable.

Thanks for playing.

eclectic said...

Beautiful pictures -- and beautiful resemblance to someone that I can only believe must have been a beautiful person. At any rate, her granddaughter is certainly beautiful -- inside and out.

Circus Kelli said...

OddMix - Thank you!

Eclectic - It takes one to know one. :)

Ortizzle said...

All very beautful images to contemplate. I especially like the old photo. Black and white photography has a dimension all its own. For me, it speaks a different language, it says things that color photos could never do.

Annejelynn said...

WOW. I can see you in your Gma's face - TOTALLY

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013