4.06.2007

A Good Friday

I dyed my hair last Sunday. Nobody noticed... but I said "There is less white, and at least my hair didn't turn out orange or green."

Both of the littles told me "I don't like you" or "I hate you" in the past couple of days... but I said "You don't have to like me, but you do need to listen to me."

One day this past week it was near 70 degrees, the next day it was only near 30 degrees and very very windy... I left my hair wavy, put a bit of bend in the bangs and told Mother Nature to do her worst.

As I was walking Punkin into school one morning this week, she asked why it was so cold and windy one day when the day before was so nice. My first thought was "'Cause Mother Nature's a bitch." You'll be happy to know I didn't say that out loud.

I was "hostessing" a meeting at work one day this week, so I had to dress up a bit, but I still wanted to be comfortable if I was going to be running around. I wore navy blue pants, with a ligther blue blouse and flat navy shoes... and I still wished I had been wearing sweatpants, a sweatshirt and stocking feet.

Hey, is it ethical to go in to check on the food for the meeting, and leave with a small plate of it for another assistant?

I've had the day off of work and off of "Mom duty". I ran some errands, breakfasted with Punkin and her friend and her Mom, napped some and surfed blogs today. I have to leave in exactly 48 minutes to pick up the littles from daycare. In a moment of ambition yesterday, I made a to-do list of all the stuff I wanted to do this weekend. So far, I've only done two things on that list. It was a lovely day, though.

Tomorrow, the kids and I will be coloring Easter Eggs and baking and visiting with Shelley and Erika. It will be a fun day, filled with lots of picture taking. I'll post some here, that's for sure.

This picture was taken yesterday morning. It was picture day for the littles at school. Sometimes I'm just so proud of my kids, and love them so much, I feel my heart exploding. This is one of those sweet moments.


Sorry... I'm a bit scattered today. My mind is awhirl with all the web design/graphic things I want to do RIGHT NOW, but most of it has to wait until after I take that exam in May. I received the exam confirmation letter this week. It sounds so official and formal. It scared me. (Heh)

I'll be back in a bit.

5 comments:

The Kept Woman said...

I miss lunch meetings and I think that brining back a sampler plate is perfectly acceptable.

Circus Kelli said...

TKW - My favorite lunch meetings are the ones I set up for, but don't actually have to be in.

Brudder doug said...

Ooooh, do I ever remember coloring Easter Eggs with our kids. It was quite a project, and messy as well. But what glow it gave the kids to be doing grown up stuff in the kitchen. I always put a double coat of wax on the floor before it started.

Happy Easter Sis

Effie said...

more than ethical--your office assistant friend would have been upset if you didn't! you're such a sweetie!
hugs!

Circus Kelli said...

Brudder - It wasn't too messy. The art project with Aunt Shelley later was a bit messier. Happy Easter to you Brudder!

Effie - *mwah!* I love you Effie. :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013