4.18.2007

Makes me go "Hmmm"

Things I never thought I would see, hear, or say:

"Sweet Pea, get off your sister!"

"Kids, stop licking the patio window!"

"Put down the lawnmower and eat your dinner!"

A "mystery one sock, bare belly boy"


Teepees in the living room*


* Created by Hubby after he needed the ladder to remove a yellow vinyl gelatin-like Easter Egg from the ceiling seven days after Sweet Pea got it stuck there.

- - - - - - - - - -

This surprises me to see:

I used to do this when I was a kid. I haven't done it for years.

- - - - - - - - - -

Tonight, the kids and I baked cupcakes for a fair at Punkin's school. It was only after the first batch was in the oven that I wondered if we are "allowed" to bring homemade treats to school. I thought I remembered reading somewhere that treats for classrooms had to be store bought... If so, we're about to have 48 cupcakes... oops.

Ah... the kids are in bed, the smell of freshly-baked cupcakes fills the air. True fact: It's difficult to be cranky when you have cuppity-cakes.

One last thing: Sometimes, the very best thing about the day is when it's over.

11 comments:

Sharkey said...

I once heard my sister-in-law say, "Peter, put down your blankie and your gun and come to the table for dinner."

That is one cool teepee! Also? Mmmmm . . . cupcakes.

Mr. Bloggerific Himself said...

*knowing how easily a ladder can be knocked over, wonders if the table and wall behind came out in one piece*

*also wonders, if she claims that "I haven't done it for years." ...where in the hell did all those kids came from?*


*sips coffee*

here today, gone tomorrow said...

Am I really the first one here to wonder out loud how the heck Sweet Pea got an Easter Egg stuck on the ceiling?

WILLIAM said...

The Teepee is very cool.

eclectic said...

I wanna come live at your house!!

wordgirl said...

I'm thinking that a glass of Chardonnay and a cupcake would make the end of any day something to look forward to.

Effie said...

mmmm, eat one for me!

I always do that with my Smarties!

platypus said...

Hee hee, I have missed the Circus and the antics whilst I've been away! I love that you had a tepee in your house. You really are the perfect Mum. :)

PS My word verification is 'sniwiky', which is just how I feel right now!

Circus Kelli said...

Platypus - I've missed you, too!

Effie - Just one for you? Really, you should have two...

Wordgirl - Wooo. I like the way you think, girlie girl.

Eclectic - Come on down!

William - I thought so, too.

HTGT - It wasn't a real egg, it was one of those clingy jobbies. Sweet Pea just tossed it up and it stuck there.

Mr. B - *the wall/table are fine* *noneya business* *c'mon! chug it ya sissy!*

Sharkey - Hahahaha... that's a good one! Does she always talk to your brother like that? ;)

Bone Machine said...

Most of the time, I find the end of the day is the other worthwhile part of the day.

Circus Kelli said...

Bone - Sometimes, it's the ONLY worthwhile part. :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013