4.11.2007

Wintery Wednesday

The kids did pretty well getting ready for school today, and we ended up leaving a little earlier than usual. As it turns out, that was a very good thing. I made it to work on time without a minute to spare.











Once inside the warm, dry office building, I took pictures of the cold, wet snow outside.

Mother Nature decided she wasn't quite through with Winter yet. Heavy, wet, sloppy, slushy snow is falling from the sky and blowing across the roads this morning. There were heavy piles of snow at the bottom of the windshield on the externally flameless Mommyvan. During the long, slow commute, I watched the windshield wiper arm nudge the piles with each back and forth motion. As I reached a bend in the road and came upon a break in the trees, the wind hit the externally flameless Mommyvan with force and blew those piles of snow right off like a giant sneeze.

It was one of those mornings when the music from the CD player* fits the rhythm of the commute. A slow, easy tempo that rolls along during the bumper to bumper, then builds at the same moment traffic gets moving again. The kind of music that makes you want to stop and exit the vehicle to strut out a couple of dance moves, maybe even break out the jazz hands. Or maybe that's just me. This song does that to me. It picks up spirits and gets me moving, sometimes even against my will.

Do you have a song that does that for you? What song is it?

* Ok, seriously, the video isn't so great, but if you close your eyes and just listen to the music, you get the idea. This guy does a great lip sync to the song.

- - - - - -

Oh, and Effie tagged me with five things that I haven't talked about on my blog. I had a hard time coming up with five things, maybe because I've covered just about everything here.

1. The real names of my kids/family or the company I work for.
2. I don't think I've ever mentioned that I have one lone white eyelash.
3. My exact weight.
4. Umm...
5. Uhh...

Yeah, so I can't think of the other two things. Tell you what, YOU tell ME what I haven't talked about. Use your imagination if you have to.

13 comments:

Nilbo said...

Aw, what adorable little storms you have.

And as long as I've been reading this blog, I have yet to see a post that talks about Canadian politics. Surely you must know SOMETHING about that subject - do DO live right next door to us.

Circus Kelli said...

*snork*

You said DO DO...

Sharkey said...

You just keep that snow in Illinois, mmkay? We don't want any of it here in PA. That damn Punxsatawney Phil! Clearly he doesn't know what he's talking about.

I don't think you've blogged about that time you went to Mexico and ended up in jail after the party with the hot Latino guys. Or did I miss that post?

Nilbo said...

(eyeroll) How mature. Of course I meant YOU do do.

wordgirl said...

I don't have a drive time commute anymore. And that makes me sad. If I did, I would probably have loads of music to share. One favorite? Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Riviera Paradise". Another is "Follow Your Bliss" by the B-52s. Okay, Nilbo. I see you here. You haven't been by my place for at least two posts and I want to know why.

Circus Kelli said...

Sharkey - I usually don't have much control over the weather once it leaves Illinois. Sorry! You'd better duck, I think it's headed your way!

Oh, and you probably missed that post. It was a short one, I couldn't remember much...

Nilbo - I don't think I've ever claimed to be mature.

Wordgirl - Great songs! You don't have a commute? Lucky.

eclectic said...

If you were Nilbo, I'd probably rub it in that we're having lovely weather, but since it's you, I'm feeling empathetic and sympathetic as a result. Sending you some sunshine!

Oh, and Nilbo knows ALL about mature... grandpas are nothing if not mature. ;)

Lynn said...

Wow. The snow... I've been taking pics in FL if you need a mind vacation.

You have one lone white eyelash? Cool. I have one lone white hair in my right eyebrow. I noticed it one day after I'd been spending lots of time outdoors. I wonder if it's from the sun (you know, as opposed to getting older!!). Sheesh, I hope so. I just don't see myself as an eyebrow dyer. I plucked it. As a test. We'll see what happens.

Circus Kelli said...

Eclectic - It worked! The sun is very bright here today.

Lynn - Good to see you! I could always use a good mind vacation. My white eyelash is on my right eye as well. Don't be surprised if your lone white eyebrow grows back. I'm just sayin...

Brudder doug said...

Looking at that snow scene from where you work - - - - brrrrr, I would take a rousing rendition of "When The Saints Go Marchin' In," to elevate my spirits a notch or two. Now that is a tune to get the heart pumpin' and the feet thumpin' and then coasting into the driveway to the Glahe Musette playing "The Beer Barrel Polka." 'Kay, so I'm old, but still bold !

Circus Kelli said...

Brudder Doug - Two fine songs, to be sure. I have always liked "When the Saints Go Marching In", too.

Hugs!

Effie said...

aah, poop.

I left a really long comment here and it disappeared.

Thanks for playing!

What you didn't tell us is that you once dyed your hair fluorescent green, just for the fun of it and then immediately dyed it back to your regular colour, but there was a little hint o' green at the nape of your neck for the next two weeks that no one at work told you about for fear of what it really was...you turning into an alien!

Circus Kelli said...

Effie - I was trying to forget that time... :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013