5.18.2007

Good answer

So... I'm going to my oldest friend's wedding tomorrow, and I bought a new dress (It's fabulous and it was on sale!) and some pretty earrings and I have a great pair of shoes and my legs have lost their winter white glow. I was thinking of getting my hair done (professionally) in a french twist or some other lil up do that would make me feel all pretty and girlie (and hopefully detract from the fact that my nose and forehead are peeling from the bit of sun I got over last weekend).

Anyway, I called the local hair salon. The earliest appointment I could get was noon -- and that sort of interferes with dropping the kids off at the grandparents house (because the wedding is at two p.m.), but it was still kinda doable. I booked the appointment, then asked how much it might cost.

"Formal updos start at $60"

Hmm.

I said "Ok, thank you" and hung up and immediately sent an email to Hubby:

"Tell me it's ok that I'm getting my hair done up really pretty for the wedding tomorrow, even though the cost will be at least $60... but you have to mean it... "

Hubby called a minute or two later...

"You're going to pay at least that much to get your hair done for one day? Hon, you're already pretty, you don't need to spend that..."

Hee. *Smile* Good answer.

Ok. I'll cancel the appointment and figure out something else to do with my hair on my own and feel pretty standin' next to my handsome Hubby at my friend's wedding tomorrow.

10 comments:

brudder doug said...

Go thou, and have a blast, at least at last ! Time to have fun Hon ! All's fair, wearin' hair. You'll be glad you were there !

Susie said...

That guy knows how to save a buck ;)
He's right, you're gorgeous. If I were there, I'd do your hair. Not that I can, except, I do OK with up-dos, on other people (my kid). I looked at a lot of online sites for do-it-yourself up-dos; they're out there. I just couldn't follow them. But maybe you can. But up or down, you'll be the belle of the ball, and we will require photographs :)

Brudder doug said...

Yep Sis - - - - a photo is necessary for sure !

Aunt Shelley said...

Did you marry someone else when I wasn't looking?

Ortizzle said...

Hubby sure knows how to strike just the right chord! As far as wearing your hair up... simple and classic is usually the best and most flattering, and that's not really hard to do. Save that cash for a romantic little dinner with hubby. ;-)

wordgirl said...

Mmmm. I tend to shy away from situations that put me in a time crunch. Especially if it results in making me all tense. So tense that I can't enjoy a date night with my husband. I think you made the right choice.

Susie said...

You look mighty lovely, CK. Have a wonderful time. (My titanium gives me superpowers, to see wedding guests in Illinois.)

Lynn said...

Kelli, you are gorgeous without help from pros.

I think Susie will STILL have her superpowers after some great WTF treatment axes the Ti. 'Cause she's super.

eclectic said...

Oh, Mr. Circus is a sly devil now, idn't he?!?! Nicely played! Of course, it wouldn't really work if it hadn't been true. You ARE really pretty! I bet you'd still be really pretty, even with bed-head, but it probably looked better than that. ;)

Circus Kelli said...

Brudder - I did have a blast!

Susie - Heh, no kidding. ;)

Brudder - It's on the way...

Aunt Shelley - Hmm. I don't think so. I'll give you a call and we can compare notes. :)

Ortizzle - I went with simple and classic! Thank you for that advice!

Wordgirl - Thank you! I think so, too.

Susie - Uh, you don't have x-ray vision, do you? That would be pretty embarassing...

Lynn - So are you, love... so are you.

Eclectic - Oh, he is that... HA! I'm be sending you a photo of me that was one of those "Honey, look here" then he presses the button that takes this picture of me with a "Huh?" kind of look on my face... oh yeah... You can let me know if you change your opinion...

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013