5.04.2007

Quickies

Quickie Update:

CPS Exam begins at 8:00am on Saturday, May 5. The last section of the exam begins at 2:30pm. I will be leaving the house at 6:00am to get to the test site in DeKalb, IL. Saturday evening, I will most definitely have a very big drink.

Wanna buy a motorcycle? You'd better hurry, the auction ends tonight...

Buddy's eye is nearly all healed. The bruising has faded, no more swelling, and the red in the corner of his eye is going away. (I'm still concerned about it, though.)

Sweet Pea told me in no uncertain terms that when she gets to be a "big number" like me (she's talking about my age) she'll be able to sleep in my bed. I asked her where I would sleep -- "Oh, I'll sleep with you." Heh.

Punkin is doing great in school, great around the house, and is being so very patient with me. I'll have to line up some sort of special treat with her after this exam is over... a lot of things have been pushed off until this exam is over.

Just now, though, I can't get lost in the list of things I want to do starting Sunday... I should get back to studying -- it's beginning to feel like my brain is FULL.

That reminds me... I need to bring two number 2 pencils with me tomorrow...

13 comments:

Brudder doug said...

I'll hazard a guess, Punkin' is growing up to be like her mother, hooray for her.

Hoping for the best on your test and then fun on your rest.

LadyBug said...

Best of luck on your test tomorrow, CK. I'm sure you'll do a great job. Love and hugs, dear.

Sharkey said...

Good luck--I know you'll do great!

Circus Kelli said...

Brudder - Thanks, Doug!

Ladybug - Thank you! Love and hugs right back at you.

Sharkey - I could use all the luck I can get! Thank you!

mrtl said...

Luck!

Susie said...

I don't know about time differences . . . I think you should be eating a brain-power breakfast right about now. Here's a cheer. 50 years and a 100 pounds ago, I was a cheerleader, you know:

You can do it,
you can do it,
you can,
LET'S GO.

And here's the stomp/clap part, that always gets them going:
Stomp. Clap. Stomp, stomp, stomp. Clap clap. Stomp clap heelslap stomp clap heelslap stomp...

Wasn't that GREAT? I've still GOT IT . . .

OK, I'll stop deluding, I mean, entertaining myself on your blog now.

I love you. Go show 'em who's boss.

Susie said...

Oh, wait, I remember another cheer, from my days at Hillbillian High:

Chew tobacco,
chew tobacco,
chew tobacco,
SPIT!

If you ain't Circus Kelli,
you ain't worth SH.... shut yo' mouth!

Anyone else got a cheer for CK?

Laura said...

Good luck! I'll toast to you tonight with a giant margarita!

Ortizzle said...

Susie asked for another cheer... my mind is a blank... except for this variation on a theme:

2 - 4 - 6 - 8
Who will pass her test today?
C.K., C.K., C.K.!

lame, I know, but the thought is there.

Bone Machine said...

I hope all went well and that you rewarded yourself with a deeeeeeluxe DQ Blizzard of choice and maybe an adult beverage or two to take the edge off.

Nilbo said...

Inquiring minds want to know, dammit.

Oh, and a cheer from my school:

Cigarettes, cigarettes, nuts, nuts, nuts,
Good luck to those with squishy butts!

Or something like that. We didn't win many games.

Circus Kelli said...

Mrtl - Thanks!

Susie - You're the greatest! You DO still got it! The cheers are awesome!

Laura - I'm more of a Mai Tai girl, myself -- it's the thought that counts, though.

Ortizzle - I love that one! Thank you!

Bone - I skipped the Blizzard, but I did have a couple glasses of wine. :)

Nilbo - Well, read the new post dammit! :) You Canucks have some goofy cheers... I was always partial to "Rah Rah Ree! Kick 'em in the knee! Rah Rah Rass! Kick 'em in the other knee!" George Carlin's cheer was pretty good, too.

Bone Machine said...

Save the Blizzard for the upcoming work week.

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013