6.01.2007

Virtual Refrigerator

Recently, there has been some talk of kid's artwork in the blog world. Around the same time that William and Susie blogged about artwork, I received an influx of drawrings, etc. from my kids' schools. What better place to show off my kid's masterpieces than my blog! (You rolled your eyes, didn't you? I saw that... just hush up and scroll down to see the pretty pictures)


Sweet Pea's picture titled "Grapes" hangs in my cubicle, as does an owl Punkin made in art class in school a year or two ago. I think it's kinda neat to this day.


There's just something about kid's handprints...


Just one of the many school art projects of Punkin's I have around my cubicle. Punkin wants to be an art teacher when she grows up, and she could tell you (in detail) exactly how each of her pieces of art were constructed.


An "ice cube painting" by Sweet Pea titled "My Daddy." It looks to me like a Chinese or Japanese word/symbol.


Another of Sweet Pea's projects titled "Designer Vehicles." I'm not really sure what it is supposed to be, but I love the colors.


You can see most of the artwork I have from the kids in this picture of my desk at work. I used to have the pictures on the outside walls of my cubicle. I like it much better this way, though. It adds some color (and contrast) to the gray and burgundy of my office space.

Bonus track:
The Littles sing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"
Click it, you know you wanna...

11 comments:

Brudder Doug said...

Brings a rush to my heart Sis. I remember when I though we would have to buy a larger Fridge, just to hold the art work of the three youngest of our kids.

Love the Twinkles by the kids too.

eclectic said...

Awwwww.... the "twinko, twinko litto staw" is just so precious!!! I have similar artwork all over everywhere. The influx is never-ending, but each piece is prized. Yay for Punkin -- looks like she'll be wonderful in her job!!

Circus Kelli said...

Brudder - We rotate the fridge art, and I bring some to work. I tell the kids when anyone at work compliments it.

Eclectic - I think she will be, too. :)

Ortizzle said...

Yeah, I couldn't resist clicking on "Twinkle, twinkle"... I bet that was fun to watch, too!

Punkin' is headed for the right career (that or something in design). How old is she? Because that mosaic/collage of the birds is seriously good, far beyond the sense of 'cute little thing your kid did.'

Laura said...

Awww, I miss those days! I still have a lot of my kids artwork, too.
Love the way you decorated your office. Your littles are very talented!

Amy said...

Wow, love your cubicle! The parrot art is fantastic, as is the other arts and the singing and just what fun it is to stop by the circus on an otherwise boring sunday night!

WILLIAM said...

The grapes and the icecube painting are my two favorites. Both seem to have a certain abstact expressionism quality to them.

Effie said...

the parrots were perfect and that "daddy" painting is so lovely--she's gonna be famous one day!

The "Twinkle, Twinkle" recording is absolutely precious....

Lynn said...

They are all very nice, but 'Grapes' is my favorite.

wordgirl said...

Love those pictures. I still have a bunch framed and behind glass around our house. I'm never taking them down.

platypus said...

Love the pictures! You've got a talented bunch there. :)

All Circus Life pages and content are owned and
copyrighted by me, 2000-2013